For nearly 30 years, Pyware has been recognized as the leader in software specifically designed to meet the needs of Directors and Drill Designers worldwide. High schools, colleges and universities as well as drum corps worldwide depend on 3D for their designing needs. 3D offers the most highly advanced design features as well as the interactive Performer's Practice Tools, the software hundreds of marching ensembles depend on to get their show on the field as quickly as possible.
Pyware is the recognized leader of drill design software worldwide. 3D has not only been a staple item for High School and College Bands, but it has been used in special events such as Super Bowl half time shows, the Olympics Opening and Closing Ceremonies, over 90% of all college bowl games, major parades, movies such as "Drumline," and even on Broadway. In 2010, we entered the video game world thanks to the wonderful folks at EA Sports. Look for halftime performances in EA Sports NCAA Football 10.
3D is now available in three editions:
- 3D Basic is a lower cost edition with all of the advanced 3D features for designing and printing drill. This product was developed for the marching band director that needs to design their own field show. $349.00
- 3D Interactive includes 3D Basic, as well as the interactive features of 3D Online Accounts to seamlessly upload/download drills to clients, students, performers, and potential drill design customers worldwide. 3D Interactive is compatible with the 3D family of interactive software. Our interactive software includes 3D Performer's Practice Tools (a suite of personal practice tools for performers to use at home), 3D Director's Viewer, and of course, all installations of 3D Interactive and 3D Professional. Interactive is favored by colleges and universities, as well as BOA Grand Nationals competitors. $999.00
- 3D Professional includes all of the features of 3D Interactive, 3D Basic, as well as all of the Plug-ins offered by Pygraphics including the Floor Covers, Traditional Design Tools, Spiral Tool, and Personal Drill Book Printer. This edition also includes an additional install for your license, as well as an increase in the number of files you can host in your online account. Professional is developed for full time drill designers and drill design companies, as well as ensembles that desire the most features available. $1199.00
Michael Gaines, Designer -- Cavaliers Drum and Bugle Corps
Version 7.1 Now Available!
New Features available in all editions.
- Multiple Undo/Redo
- Undo will now reselect performers and open the last tool used
- Colored Page Tabs
- Audio sync by page
- Custom Yard Line Markers
- Production Sheet Data can now be displayed in the Real View
- Added Time Stamps to Text Boxes
- Symbol changes in a drill can now apply uniform and equipment changes in the Real View
- Lock/Unlock performers
- Copy, Cut and Paste sections of drill
- Copy & Paste Visuals
- Rippled Visuals (Tosses, Turns, Body Movements.)
- Swap Real View Cameras between main view and picture in picture view
- Import/Export Audio Sync
- Drop down menu to change field layout from the main window
- New Gluestick grouping option
- New Sky and Ground Options
- Add/Remove Text Box templates from all sets at once
- Continuity added to all tools
- Animation re-floats and accounts for curved pathways when overwriting an existing transition
- Performer Symbol and Label added to Drillbook Cover
- Real View:
- New Venues: Gymnasiums (square and rectangular)
- New Props:
- Dome, Pyramid (3 and 4 sided), Cone, Torus, Tube
- Pit Instruments:
- Accessory rack, Concert Bass Drum, Gong, Marimba, Xylophone, Speakers, Timpani, Vibraphone
- New Dusk and Night skies
- New choices on ground type around venue
- New Visuals:
- Kneel left/right, lean left/right, open 2nd position
- New Drum Major Hat
- More realistic stride on alternative paces
- Coordinate Printouts: easier to understand terms
- Localization for Japanese
- Import Real View Visuals in Cast List Editor
- Console Panel
- 3 sizes (dependant on Tool Palette size in Application Options)
- Added display of smallest stride in addition to largest stride
- Default top margin increased on drill chart printouts so information is not cut off by hole punches
3D Version 7.0 Features
New Features available in all Editions.
- Props can be carried by a performer or moved and rotated on their own.
- Spheres, Vertical Circles, Flat Circles, Cylinders and multi-sided boxes with independant sides.
New Prop Shapes
Version 6 features you may have missed.
New Features in Interactive and Professional Only
- Print, Import & Export Production Sheet:
The Popular 3D Production Sheet has been improved to help you communicate your show ideas quicker and easier than before! Now you can print and export your Production Sheet to ship out for approval, or import your production sheet from your favorite spreadsheet application! Also included with the Production Sheet are two additional Notes columns, and the Production Sheet will now stay hidden when in a tool.
- Fixed Interval Float Tool:
This new tool allows you to float a transition while taking curved pathways. The Fixed Interval Float Tool also has an option to lock intervals, so performers that are transitioning on a curved pathway will maintain the same distance between themselves throughout the maneuver.
- Rotatable Props:
A long requested feature, props now have the ability to be rotated any angle.
New Features in All Editions
- Virtual Clinic:
It’s back! The new and improved Virtual Clinic is back to make sure the transition from computer screen to football field goes as smoothly as possible. Included with the Virtual Clinic are three different Analyzers that constantly scan your drill and provided live feedback, allowing you to prevent problems before they can occur.
- Stride Analyzer:
- Graphs stride per count
- Clicking on a count in the graph jumps to the location in the file and highlights performers
- Height of performers can be entered in the Cast List
- Settings for the Stride Analyzer allow editing the graph of performer height vs. stride, as well as setting a “default height” for all performers.
- Collision Analyzer:
- Graphs collisions per count.
- Clicking on a count in the graph jumps to the location in the file and highlights performers.
- Settings for the Collision Analyzer allow editing table of performers symbols, designating how much space is required for symbol instrumentation/equipment, as well as setting a “default space” for all performers.
- Continuity Analyzer:
- Graphs big jumps in animation per count.
- Clicking on a count in the graph jumps to the location in the file and highlights performers.
- Direction Change Analyzer:
- Selection History Tool:
The new Selection History Tool remembers your selected group performers in a drill. You can add commonly selected groups to a “Favorites” list in the drill, which will be permanently remembered, or until you remove them from the list.
- Push Tool (Compound Move):
- Push Tool defaults as overwrite similarly to the Morph Tool for rewriting.
- Also new in the Push Tool is the “Compound Moves” option. This allows you to combine two maneuvers, such as a rotation & float, in to one transition.
- Figurines are now mapped to Symbols:
- Now that Figurines are assigned to Symbols of performers, you can change figurines midway through a drill to visually show equipment changes for performers.
- Added the Symbol Map Editor for mapping symbols to a figurine.
- The Grid Designer now has the ability to create a grid in feet, in addition to yards and meters.
- The Grid Designer now allows you to flip the back yard markers to face back field. Yard markers are now able to be adjusted individually for more field customization.
- Enhanced shortcut functionality to provide more stability across platforms.
- The number of performers matched is now displayed in the Console.
- User Defined Right Click Default tool:
“Right click” can now be set to any tool on the Tool Palette.
- All tools now have the ability to assign symbols in the Tool Panel. Alt-click (Option-click on Mac) in the symbol text box to see symbol that will be displayed on the screen.
- Backups are now created when using the “Save As” option to save a drill file.
- Added Safe Save:
This feature will not allow a file to be fully saved to the hard disk if it is corrupted.
- The Toolbar can now be moved outside the application window.
Features you may have missed in Version 5
Features in Interactive and Professional Only
- Production Sheet: A brand new way to develop your drill. The Production Sheet allows you to map out your charts within 3D, before any drawing or design takes place. Any information inserted into the Production Sheet is available to import into text boxes on your charts for quick notes or instruction.
- Performer ID Panel: With the Performer ID Panel, you are able to quickly adjust Performer label positioning without having to open any tools.
- Revamped Text Tool: Create templates of text boxes from your Production Sheet that may be quickly added to any drill file. Text Boxes have the ability to import information from the Production Sheet for a cleaner, more efficient text box.
- Touch Screen Compatibility: Version 5 introduces a new, resizable interface that encourages use on touch screen monitors or interactive white boards. Windows and panels are able to "detach" from the software, giving you more screen real estate for design.
- Perspective View: Perspective View now has the ability to define "Camera angles" which you may switch between during design or animated playback.
- Ability to save out files with a "v.4 compatibility" this save function will allow you to create a file type that would be able to be opened on any version of 3D Java 1-4.
Features in All Editions
- Added Moving Floor Covers to the program that allows you to create floor covers that can be moved during a show.
- Added Save as PDF functionality to Print Charts, Print Coordinates, Print Cast List, and Print Performer's Drillbooks.
- Added ability to use a new audio format Ogg. Allows for higher quality and smaller file size as well as a wider compatibility on more systems.
- Added functionality to reduce the text box font to a smaller size than in the current version. in order to allow more text to fit better in small text boxes when printing.
- Improved on look and feel.
- Added the new Stride Zone - shows visually the maximum stride zone for the selected performers over the range of counts being edited. This area is adjusted in the Document Options with the maximum stride notification.
- New Block Tool: Words really can't describe how easy to use the new Block tool is. This is just one of those things you'll have to see for yourself.
- Perspective View: Perspective View now also shows editing and design in real time when developing charts.
- Added option for Stands in the Perspective View (option is enabled in the Color options of the Grid Designer.)
- Set Reference Tool: Notate on each chart which performer would be the reference point that all performers in the form would adjust to. Reference point performers are displayed on both charts and coordinates.
- Slide Handle for adjusting Edit Handle size for easier navigation and use of 3D.
- Redesigned Interface
- New file format for file stability.
- Added ability to have a shortcut for the Adjuster Tool in the Tools Menu.
- Added show Symbols in Morph.
- Added show Symbols in Rotate.
- Added skin tone option to figurines
Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.