3D Guide Contents
The Online File Manager is a utility that manages the transfer of files to and from your Online Account. Depending on the access privileges you (the account administrator) setup, other users can sign on to your account and read (download) drills. Users can sign on to your account through other 3D applications or through 3D Viewers anywhere in the world.
To start the Online File Manager utility, select Online File Manager from the Interactive menu. The Online File Manager will attempt to go online and find the list of accounts that you can access. If the Online File Manager successfully connects to the Pyware Online Accounts a list of accounts will display.
Add Account will add an account to the list of accounts. If an account is selected in the list, Delete Account will remove it from the list.
Show My Personal Account List shows the list of accounts that you have entered either through Add Account as well as the account to you were given during the initial setup of the program.
Show Commercial Accounts displays the list of commercial accounts currently accessible on the Pyware Online Account system.
Clicking on an account in the list and clicking Open will open and display the Sign On to Account dialog. Cancel will close the list of Online Accounts dialog where you can choose to Log On again.
When signing on as a Anonymous Guest, you will be able to see the files on the account that have been given public access by the account administrator. Anonymous Guests are typically students of school accounts, or shoppers on commercial accounts. Anonymous Guests require no sign-on name or password.
When signing on as a Registered User, a user has unique privileges to see files that may (or may not) be seen by Anonymous Guests. These access privileges are set by you, the account administrator. Often Registered Users consist of clients of drill designers. These users need private access to the drill or drills that they have commissioned. No one else should be able to access those drills. In order to sign-on as a Registered User, you must first be registered in the account by the account administrator. Once registered, the administrator will give you a Sign-on Name and Password.
Each account has an Account Administrator. The administrators sign on Name and Password is given to the application’s registered user when the online account is setup by Pygraphics. To sign on as an Account Administrator, select Registered User and enter the administrators sign on Name and Password.
Save Settings is useful if you usually sign on into the same account repetitively because it will save the values you have typed in to make it faster next time you want to sign on.
Cancel will disconnect from the online account system and return to the Online File Manager. To reconnect, click Log On to another account.
Sign On will sign on to the account and display the list of accessible files.
Once a visitor has signed on to the account the Online File Manager will display with the list of
The Online File Manager will display all files the signed on user has privileges to see. All files will be displayed, both files local to the host computer, as well as the files located in the online account. The File Name is the actual name of the drill file (.3dj) or drill package (.3dz) as it is saved to your hard drive. The File Description is a description entered by the account administrator of the files located in the online account. The file versions are useful when determining which copy of a file (local or online) is the most current.
Guests and Registered Users signing on to an account will see a GET THIS FILE column, because the only action they can perform is to read (download) files from the online account. Account Administrators will see a TO DO column so they can perform a variety of tasks that upload, download and delete files from the online account.
In the figure above notice that only five of the eight files listed are actually in the
online account and the rest of the file are located on the local computer only. Notice the online file
versions for the files that are online are shown in the Internet Copy column. If there are local
copies that have been downloaded from the online account the Local Copy will display the local version.
You can use the versions to determine whether the drill file on your computer, or in the online
account, is the most current.
When logged in as the account administrator, there are four tasks that can be chosen to do to the files in the list. Beside each of the drill files is a TO DO pull down menu listing the applicable tasks.
- Do Nothing will not make any changes to the file.
- Get the online internet copy of the file will download the online version of the file to the local computer.
- Send a file copy to the internet account will upload the local version of the file to the online account. This option is only available to the administrator.
- Remove the file from the internet account will remove the file entirely from the online account. This option is only available to the administrator.
Other control buttons in the Online File Manager window are:
- Save Changes will perform the tasks selected for each file.
- Cancel will log off the online account and close the Online Account Manager.
- Show File Information will show the file information dialog of the selected file in the list.
- Log on to another account will log off the current account and re-display the list of accounts.
The Online Connection Monitor monitors the connection to the online account and displays the user and account information.
- User Name is the current user logged in.
- User Level is the privilege level of the currently logged in user.
- Account is the account in which the user is currently logged on to.
- Status is the current status of the file manager.
The Online Users File Access & Passwords utility is to be used by the account’s administrator to setup the access privileges for visitors to their account. Visitors who have signed on to your account are called “users”. Users can access your account from their 3D applications and from downloadable 3D Viewers. There are three types of users.
- Anonymous Guest - This is a user who can access your account without having to sign on with a User Name and Password. These users can only read (download) files from your online account. They do not have the authority to write (upload) files to your online account. With this utility you can setup Anonymous Guests to see only selected files in the account. Allowing Anonymous Guests to sign on to your account is useful when you want a large group of users to have access the same list of files, such as all performers in a marching band. Since a User Name and Password are not required to be an Anonymous Guest, it is also useful for Commercial Online Accounts for potential customers to be able to sign on.
- Registered Guest - This is a user who can access your account with a sign on User Name and Password. These users can read (download) files from your online account, but do not have the authority to write (upload) files to your online account. With this utility you can setup Registered Guests to see only selected files in the account. Setting up Registered Guests is useful to give unique file access to a single user such as a customer picking up commissioned drill from a designer.
- Account Administrator - This is a user who can access your account after signing on to the account as a Registered User using the account administrators User Name and Password. This user can read and write files from your online account. All files in the account are visible to this user. The administrator can use this utility to add or edit users and change their access privileges. You can setup different users to have differing access to files in the account. This utility can only be run by the account administrator.
To start the Online Users File Access & Passwords, select Online Users File Access & Passwords from the Interactive menu. The Online Users File Access & Passwords will attempt to go online and find your online account.
Once connected, a Sign On dialog will display for you to enter the account administrator’s Name and Password.
Clicking Sign On will display the list of all files in the online account.
In the table, the User column displays the Name you have designated for each for the users or user groups you have established.
- Administrator - has full access to the online account to add, update and remove files.
- Guest - has read only access for downloading files from the online account.
- No Access - can sign on, but will not see any files in the online account.
- Read/Write - the user can upload, download, and update this file from the online account
- READ - the user can only download this file from the online account
- hide - the user will not see this file in the online account
The Level column displays the type of level given to each user you have established. The levels are:
The remaining columns in the table designate each file in the online account and the type of access privilege this user is given to the file. The column title is the name of the file. The privileges are:
The Allow anonymous guest for public access is used when you want to allow users access to your account without a unique User Name and User Password. This option is typically useful for school band programs who want student performers access to certain files on the account without assigning user names and passwords to each student. This option is also used for Commercial Accounts that anyone to see a selection of files visible to anonymous guests on their account.
To add a new user or user group to you list of users, click New Registered User will display the Edit User Privileges dialog.
User Name and Password are text boxes where you enter a user name and password that you as the account administrator will determine.
Level is the level for the users file access. NO ACCESS will prevent all files from being displayed on the users file list. GUEST allows users to see selected files in their users file list to read (download). The only user that can write (upload) files to the list is the Account Administrator.
Online Files is the list of all files current on the Online Account.
When the Level is GUEST, the Read Only column determines whether this registered user has access to this file.
Set all files readable is used as a shortcut to set all current and any future files in the online account
to Read Only. Remember, this option will set any future files added to the online account to be Read
Only for this user. Conversely, if you do not use this option in a users privileges, you will need to
edit the users privileges after new files have been uploaded into the account when you want the user
to have access to the new files.
The Read Only column sets the access to the a file for the user. If it is not checked, the user will not see the file when they sign on to the account.
Okay will accept the changes to the new user.
The Edit User button will display the same Edit User privileges dialog as did the New Registered
The one exception is
that when editing the
the log in and
contact information will
display. This contact
information will be displayed
to users that
appear to be having
trouble signing on to
The Delete User button will delete the selected user.
Save writes access changes to the online account. Likewise,
Cancel exits the utility.
This menu has access to all of the Performer’s Practice Tools and utilities to manage them.
- 3D Performer’s Practice Tools - Launches the same program that the performers (students) and download and run on their home computers.
- Leader Board Manager - This utility manages the online Leader Boards lists that are generated by the performers as they use the 3D Performance Simulator. (explained in more detail next)
Leader Boards are generated by performers using the 3D Performance Simulator. As a performer practices their drills they attempt to reach a perfect score of 1000. As their scores improve, their score is uploaded to the drill’s Leader Board so performers can compete for the top of the leader board. The Leader Board Manager displays the Leader Board lists of all of the drills you have online.
Clear - erases the list of the currently displayed Leader Board.
Clear All - erases the list of all Leader Boards.
Purge.. older than ? days - will remove performers on all Leader Board lists that have been on a list of a determined number of days.
This function is used to unlock drills that have been locked from full access by a drill provider.
To unlock a drill:
- Contact the drill provider for a key.
- The drill provider will want to know the Drill ID and Lock ID displayed in this window.
VERY IMPORTANT: Do not click Exit or close this window after you give the provider the information, because the Lock ID will change each time you use this function. Therefore, the key the drill provider gives you will not work!
- The drill provider will give you a key.
- Enter the key and click Unlock.
- Follow the screen prompts.
The Drill Lock Decoder utility is used primarily for designers selling drills online. Drills can be locked with a password so they can be viewed but not edited or printed. After a customer downloads and previews a drill, the customer can then contact the drill designer to purchase and unlock it. This decoder creates unique keys for unlocking a drill, so a key used by one customer cannot be used by another.
To create a locked drill file that can't be edited or printed:
- Open the drill, and select Document Options from the File menu.
- In the Author Information box, type your contact and/or sales information.
- Under the Properties tab, pick your restriction options such as "Cannot be printed" and "Cannot be edited."
- Click Lock the properties with a Master Password, enter a Master Password. The Master password is the password that only you know. When your customer contacts you to unlock the drill, don't give them your Master Password. Instead, use this decoder to create a unique key that will only work for this customer and no one else. Remember the Master Password because you will need it to create the unique key for your customer.
To unlock a locked drill with a password that will work only for one customer:
- Tell the customer to open the drill they want to unlock using their 3D program.
- Tell the customer to select Unlock this Drill from the Interactive menu and a Drill Unlock Utility will display.
- Ask the customer to read to you the Drill ID, and Lock ID that is displayed. For your information, the Drill ID is going to be the first 8 characters of the file that the customer has opened. You should use the Drill ID given to make sure you are about to unlock the correct file.
- Using the Drill Password Decoder, enter the Master Password that you originally used to lock the drill. Also enter the Drill ID, and the Lock ID that the customer gave you.
- Click Calculate Key.
- Tell the customer to enter the key that you have calculated and click Unlock.
This utility opens the Pyware Message Board. The Pyware Message Board is an automated information system that checks with Pyware Headquarters for any important notices such as updates that are currently available for you to download. To check messages:
Select Check for Messages from Pyware Headquarters from the Interactive menu and the utility will attempt to connect with Pyware Headquarters.
3D will check Pyware Headquarters for any new update information or important notices that you may be interested in and display the list of messages in the Subject box. If you want to read a message, click the message listed in the Subject box and it will display.
Clicking on www.pyware.com launches a browser to the Pyware web site.
Clicking on Send a Message sends a message from you to the Pyware Headquarters.
Selecting a message and clicking Remind me later will re-display the message in 20 days.
Selecting a message and clicking Delete this message will remove the message from the list.
Clicking Delete all messages will remove all messages from the list.
Close will exit the Pyware Message Board.
This function was employed for users who need to switch 3D installations between more machines than their license allows, all with the convience of not having to contact Pygraphics to do so. Once you select the deauthorize button, the program on your machine will convert into a demonstration version that does not save or print and is restricted to viewing only 80 counts. You would then be able to install and activate on a different computer.
This utility opens a window with prompts:
How do I instantly upgrade my 3D Edition opens the window similar to Get Plug-Ins and Accessories. This window has information and pricing regarding available updates and Plug-Ins.
I want to apply an existing upgrade or Plug-In purchase prompts you to revalidate your program. If
you have purchased an update (and have internet access at the time you are attempting to revalidate),
your new purchase will take effect after completing the online validation.