Missing Files

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

composecmcb
Missing Files

Post by composecmcb » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:16 pm

I just got done writing a drill. Upon putting the finishing touches on it, Pyware froze and I had to force quit and restart the program. I use a PC - Windows. I know I hit file-save probably 40 different times and the file was named the title of my show, but now for some reason, I can't find the main file or any backup files. Any help would be much appreciated as I'm not looking forward to starting over from square 1. Thank you.

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Missing Files

Post by Pyware » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:04 am

Where were you saving the file?

Could you contact us at 940-240-8536.

composecmcb

Post by composecmcb » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:08 pm

I think I figured out the issue and have since rewritten my entire drill. Make sure that you don't use and punctuation or other symbols in your filename when saving. The program will not give you an error message about the filename and acts exactly like it saved your file, even though it didn't. I clicked on save many, many times in the process of writing my drill and what I thought was saving, was not. I had saved into the Pyware drill folders and there should have been many backup files for everytime I resaved. But there was nothing. When starting my second attempt this same drill (after losing the first, I first set out to make sure it saved. With the punctuation symbol it did the same thing as I stated previously. When I got rid of the symbol, it worked exactly like it should. Hopefully this lack of a file saving error message is a bug that has been fixed in whatever newest versions exist. It will certainly save someone else a lot of stress and the loss of their entire evening.

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:37 pm

What version of the software are you running?
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

composecmcb

Post by composecmcb » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:48 pm

Pyware 3D Basic, v. 7.2.4

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:50 pm

I believe that is an issue that was reported before for windows users. I know that in version 8 there were some preventative measures put in that will not allow you to use certain characters in file names.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536