Printing preferences problem...

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Tsar Nikk
Printing preferences problem...

Post by Tsar Nikk » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:56 am

Just a heads-up. I am using the 4.2 beta, and when I select "Save as Default" for my current quality and preferences setting under the print menu, they are not being saved. Everytime I print I have to click on "thicker gridlines" and "mark center of performer locations."

Also, for some reason, everytime you mess with the settings while inside the print dialog box (for example, switching the printer from my default to Acrobat Distiller), the window shrinks down. I just printed a drill chart where the entirety of the drill chart could be covered up by a dime.

Here is a screen shot of it:

www.nikknakks.net/tiny.jpg

Needless to say, this is a HUGE problem for me right now, as I am needing to send these files out fairly soon.
++
np

George

Post by George » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:09 pm

Nikk,

I too have been having various random probs with the beta 4.2 but I'm hoping that whenever the full version is released (which I thought said today - June 25) then it'll be fixed. :?:

My noticed problems occur during animation with mp3 playback... and no, not with the perspective window open. I don't want to hijack your thread talking about my probs, but I figured I'd let you know that you're not alone.
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:30 pm

Nikk and George

I have been unable to recreate your issues. Could you please let me know what OS you are working on and if you are on Beta Build #1 or Build #2.

Tsar Nikk

Post by Tsar Nikk » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:36 pm

pygraph wrote:Nikk and George

I have been unable to recreate your issues. Could you please let me know what OS you are working on and if you are on Beta Build #1 or Build #2.
Hi Dustin,

I am using Windows XP, and was using whatever the latest build was (I downloaded/upgraded this morning). I was able to print one page without issue, but then when i tried to select another printer so I could print to a PDF, the field area got smaller and smaller until it appeared as it did in the image I linked.
++
np

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:52 pm

Nikk

I was able to repeat the issue you were having and it seems that the margin size was being changed. If you can confirm this for me. Make sure that all 4 margins are .25".

George

Post by George » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:56 pm

dustin - I sent you a pm with all the details...
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

Tsar Nikk

Post by Tsar Nikk » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:23 pm

pygraph wrote:Nikk

I was able to repeat the issue you were having and it seems that the margin size was being changed. If you can confirm this for me. Make sure that all 4 margins are .25".
Yeah, that fixed it...many many thanks! I really like the new "figurine" feature, especially the part where I can change the uniform colour. Now if we could just add a way to extract an audio/visual file of the animation, that would rock!

Windows Encoder works, but has some hiccups here and there.
++
np