count editor - removing counts

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

jeffwhite
count editor - removing counts

Post by jeffwhite » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:53 pm

Just tried to remove counts using the count editor and it would only remove one at a time. I was trying to remove 4. I told it to remove after count 376 and then clicked "Apply." It only removed a single count and the dialog box didn't go away. I had to do this three more times to remove the 3 other counts. Glad I didn't need to remove 32.....

Anyone else have this issue?

I'm running 5.0.3

George

Re: count editor - removing counts

Post by George » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:45 am

yeah, this is weird... I'm getting that same issue, but not all the time.

It'll let me add counts anywhere or take as many counts away as I need to at the end of the file, but if I wanted to change something like a 32 count phrase down to 16 and wanted to remove those 16 counts in the middle of the file between two page tabs, it seems to be an issue. Similar to Jeff's problem, it removed only 1 count at a time, but I would just keep clicking on "Apply" and that would remove a single count on each click.

BUT...... then I closed the program, opened it back up to try again and I did the following.

selected a random page tab in the middle of the file - page 12, counts 76-92
Count Editor - inserted 12 counts after count 76
** those counts inserted just fine
Count Editor - removed 12 counts after count 76
** those counts were removed just fine

????

So... now, for some strange reason, it works just fine every time I try to remove counts or add them... it's weird. any ideas as to what might have happened? Jeff, did you try it again and see if it magically started working for you like mine did? ;)

I first tested on my Mac... then on my PC, which worked fine after every test. On my Mac was where I noticed it had that single counts removal - but only that first time.

strange.
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com