Advice on which pyware to purchase?

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Sax_power
Advice on which pyware to purchase?

Post by Sax_power » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:32 pm

I am a current high school senior and I am very much interested in writing marching shows now and through my college education. Unfortunately, I am unsure which version of Pyware would be the best choice for a beginner. I intend to use this program for years to come, so pricing should not be the deciding factor. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice you have to give. Thank you!

greatcow95

Re: Advice on which pyware to purchase?

Post by greatcow95 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:24 am

If you buy Version 6, you get a free update to Version 7. Each one has two install keys, making for a total of four computers that can use it. So imo, I'd get V6 and V7.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:06 am

I am sorry but that is incorrect.

When you get an update it updates your existing license so you still have only 2 machines you can install it on.

If you plan on writing for multiple schools I would suggest the Interactive or Professional.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

George

Post by George » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:20 pm

Sax_power wrote:I am a current high school senior and I am very much interested in writing marching shows now and through my college education. Unfortunately, I am unsure which version of Pyware would be the best choice for a beginner. I intend to use this program for years to come, so pricing should not be the deciding factor. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice you have to give. Thank you!
Emphasizing the part of your post where you mentioned pricing - I would suggest going Pro. (that's my suggestion). Not because it's the most expensive but because you also get the most out of the package, with the plugins and additional tools included including floor covers and "Traditional" designing tools - which I have never had to use in a show but are REALLY cool to use and teaches me different way to use sequencing "tricks."

Assuming you end up sticking with it over the years, Pro would be the best and most affordable way to go for upgrades. Normally I wouldn't recommend Pro out of the gate to a beginner, but if you are truly passionate and already hoping for a career in it, the additional features and tools that will be at your disposal may actually help you improve your skills as a designer on Pyware. I started out using Pro but I wasn't as young as you are when I started. ;o)

Hope that helps! good luck!
greatcow95 wrote:If you buy Version 6, you get a free update to Version 7. Each one has two install keys, making for a total of four computers that can use it. So imo, I'd get V6 and V7.
Um, wha? besides that being completely false (as was already mentioned) why would anyone (professional or, in this case, a high school student) need 4 computers running Pyware? Additionally, who has 4 computers? lol
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

greatcow95

Post by greatcow95 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:54 pm

pygraph wrote:I am sorry but that is incorrect.

When you get an update it updates your existing license so you still have only 2 machines you can install it on.

If you plan on writing for multiple schools I would suggest the Interactive or Professional.
Then how do I have two V6 licenses and one V7 (I haven't used my other V7 license)? This was what I was talking about, not getting four V7 licenses.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:22 am

You can have the version 6 and 7 installed on the same machine, but the account can only have 2 computers active at one time. This is for the Basic and Interactive. The Professional can be installed on 3 machines total.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

ettadorsch

Post by ettadorsch » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:07 pm

2 machines is the maximum?

Last edited by ettadorsch on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:16 pm

3D Basic and 3D Interactive have 2 installations when purchased. 3D Professional has 3 installations. You can purchase up to 2 additional installations for each license.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

greatcow95

Post by greatcow95 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:11 pm

pygraph wrote:3D Basic and 3D Interactive have 2 installations when purchased. 3D Professional has 3 installations. You can purchase up to 2 additional installations for each license.
And on the 26th, you have a chance to upgrade for $260 to Professional. So you can get that pesky third install.