Mixed Intervals?

This forum is to discuss Tips and Tricks you have learned while using the 3D Java program

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

cavalier81
Mixed Intervals?

Post by cavalier81 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:27 am

Old versions used to have the ablity to create mixed intervals within a line or shape.
Can 3dJava interactive?

Pyware
Site Admin

Mixed interval

Post by Pyware » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:25 am

Mixed Intervals are also entered in the Interval text box. This option will allow you to have different intervals in one form. Sometimes you need to have positions at different intervals in the same shape. The Mixed Intervals function allows you to easily create forms with multiple intervals. The Mixed Interval function is built in to each of the drawing tools. The different intervals are entered in the Interval text box. The Mixed Interval is entered with the interval value, followed by an ?x?, followed by the number of places at that interval. The Mixed Interval setting can be entered before or after you create your shape, but have to be entered before you Accept the form. For example a line with the
interval of 2 for 6 positions, followed by an interval of 4 for 4 positions, ending with an interval of 2 for 6 positions will be entered the following way.
Example 2x6,4x4,2x6

To enter the Mixed Interval into a wider text box, hold the <alt>
key while clicking in the Interval box (<option>-click for Macintosh).

George

Post by George » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:01 pm

Dustin! wow, this is great info. I had no idea we could do this and it's a weird coincidence that I was just about to ask if this was possible.

This is great and I am going to use this right now with something I'm putting together.

Thank You!!! :D
Last edited by George on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

drumthumb

Re: Mixed Intervals?

Post by drumthumb » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:46 pm

But is it possible to edit a line or shape which is already in the drill? I can't seem to get this to work.

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:07 pm

If your form does not have mixed intervals currently you will need to select the shape you are wanting to edit and then use a drawing tool to create a new mixed interval setup.

If your form does have a mixed interval already and you want to keep that interval and modify the form. You will need to select the form and use the morph tool and select the lock intervals option to have the invervals remain the same for the form as you modify it.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

chardroyston

Post by chardroyston » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:03 am

Using it now. Thanks.