Creating Mark Time in Exisiting Drill

This forum is to discuss Tips and Tricks you have learned while using the 3D Java program

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

gruversm
Creating Mark Time in Exisiting Drill

Post by gruversm » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:16 pm

I would like to take some drill that I have (40 count move) and convert it to a Hold 4, Move 20, MT16. Is there any written documentation that illustrates how this is done?

btimmons

Post by btimmons » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:48 pm

I don't know if there is any written documentation anywhere, but this is one way to do it:

1) Place your yellow anchor on the place where you want the 4-count hold to begin and your red anchor four counts later.

2) Select All (Ctrl-A). Press Delete. If you are on 4.2, select Delete Transition. This will create the Hold 4.

4) Go to Count Editor in the Utilities menu. Delete any 16 counts in the middle of the transition after the new hold 4 (for example, if the old 40 count move began on count 24, delete 16 counts after count 30).

5) Place your yellow anchor at the end of the new Hold 4 and your red anchor 20 counts later, where you want the transition to end.

6) Select All (Ctrl-A). Click the Morph tool. Click Accept. This now creates the 20 count transition.

7) Go back to Count Editor in the Utilities menu. Add 16 counts immediately after the last count of the new 20 count transition.

8) Move your page tabs to the appropriate locations.

This should work for you. You may want to save the file as another file name before you try it, just in case. You could also revert to a backup in the back-ups folder if you make a mistake.

There are some other ways to do this, but I think this is the easiest.

Good luck,
Brian P. Timmons
Director of Bands
Bergenfield High School
Bergenfield, New Jersey

gruversm

Post by gruversm » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:00 pm

Thanks, I will give your suggestion a try!

Steve