Combining Tools to create more complex maneuvers

This forum is to discuss Tips and Tricks you have learned while using the 3D Java program

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Pyware
Site Admin
Combining Tools to create more complex maneuvers

Post by Pyware » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:28 am

This function is not commonly known about the software. All editing tools can be combined to create a complex maneuver. For example you want to resize a form and rotate it. First use the resize tool to resize the form to what you want and accept. Then select the same form and choose the rotate function and rotate the form and press accept. This will create a curved path to the new location, where as if you were to rotate the form inside the resize tool your path ways would be a strait line. This functionality can be applied with all editing tools including the Tradtitional Tools Plug-in.

Please post if you have any questions or would like to try and create an unusual maneuver that you might not know how to go about creating I would be happy to help with anything.

Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support

drbsmedia

Re: Combining Tools to create more complex maneuvers

Post by drbsmedia » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:11 am

I am trying to produce a sequence ripple effect and condense the block at the same time. How do I chart the ripple effect?

jDuke

Re: Combining Tools to create more complex maneuvers

Post by jDuke » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:54 am

How can I keep from combining tools?

I have two groups rotating, but when one performer ends his rotation, he is on top of where another performer begins. I can't select the other performer to draw their rotation. I tried pushing the form away, drawing the rotations, and pushing it back, but I get crazy combined moves.

I'll try gluing the performers into appropriate groups, but is there a way to not have the tools combine?

Thanks!