Floor Templates

This forum is to discuss Tips and Tricks you have learned while using the 3D Java program

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

MCMHSBD
Floor Templates

Post by MCMHSBD » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:54 pm

Justin and I discussed creating floor templates for the standard winter guard floors sizes earlier this year. Has anyone created a 50'-70' template for the floor plug in? I've tried "eye-balling" it with image software and the basketball template but have not been happy with it.

any help?

Justin, did you guys ever figure out how those files got corrupted?

Thanks

Don

Solstice

Re: Floor Templates

Post by Solstice » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:56 pm

Greetings:

I recently purchased 3D Java and the spiral tool, but I cannot locate the floor templates... Any clue where I can go to get them? I will be writing drill for Winterguard, so I'll need those floors in particular.

Thanks in advance!
MCMHSBD wrote:Justin and I discussed creating floor templates for the standard winter guard floors sizes earlier this year. Has anyone created a 50'-70' template for the floor plug in? I've tried "eye-balling" it with image software and the basketball template but have not been happy with it.

any help?

Thanks

Don
David R. Wilson

North Thurston High School
Solstice Colorguard & Winterguard

Solstice

Post by Solstice » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:35 pm

MCMHSBD wrote:Justin and I discussed creating floor templates for the standard winter guard floors sizes earlier this year. Has anyone created a 50'-70' template for the floor plug in? I've tried "eye-balling" it with image software and the basketball template but have not been happy with it.

any help?

Thanks

Don
My question is simpler... how the heck do you create floor templates for indoor? I am new to the 3D Java software, and I have been over the included online docs... and I can't figure it out!

Anyone have 50' x 70' Winter Guard floor template I could use? Or some hints for how to create one? I don't need the floor plugin as we are not using a floor (I know, gasp!) because this is a first year guard in the Regional A class.... and we can't afford a floor yet.

Thanks in advance!
David R. Wilson

North Thurston High School
Solstice Colorguard & Winterguard

halcyon

floor templates

Post by halcyon » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:13 pm

The indoor floor templates must be purchased separately. The BBcollegeHS.grd file is the perfect full grid for a 80x50 floor. To use it for our scholastic A 70x50 floor I just only go to the 10 mark. I am currently working on getting an image of my floor into pyware. I am new to writing indoor with drill writing software but I have high hopes.

PywareTechSupport
Site Admin

Creating a indoor grid

Post by PywareTechSupport » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:54 am

To create an indoor grid you will need to go to the Utilities menu and choose the grid designer. Once in the grid designer you may resize the football field to a smaller size by dragging the red distance boxes located in the center of each side of the field. This will resize the grid area. You may then remove any markers or lines that are outside of that area by clicking on the yellow markers located at the bottom and right of the field design area. Once you have adjusted the field to the correct dimensions you can then save the grid for future use.

We do have a Plug-in available for this called the Floor Covers Plug-in. It has predesigned templates for different court and field sizes. This plug-in also gives you the ability to insert images of a floor cover underneath the design grid.
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support

darlenehill19

Post by darlenehill19 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:23 am

To create an indoor grid you will need to go to the Utilities menu and choose the grid designer. Once in the grid designer you may resize the football field to a smaller size by dragging the red distance boxes located in the center of each side of the field. This will resize the grid area. You may then remove any markers or lines that are outside of that area by clicking on the yellow markers located at the bottom and right of the field design area. Once you have adjusted the field to the correct dimensions you can then save the grid for future use.

We do have a Plug-in available for this called the Floor Covers Plug-in. It has predesigned templates for different court and field sizes. This plug-in also gives you the ability to insert images of a floor cover underneath the design grid.
TESTED INFORMATION!
Working Fine for me! :) apart from i have invested lot of efforts to download Floor Covers Plug-in.