Swapping Performers

This forum is to discuss Tips and Tricks you have learned while using the 3D Java program

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

ohvalatx
Swapping Performers

Post by ohvalatx » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:35 pm

I am editing my drill and realize I need to swap a couple of performers in a certain set (so their path is easier getting there). I need therefore to swap these performers for the rest of the drill. Clicking them on the next set and selecting "morph" does not work... they stay the same. I have Pyware 4.0 and do not have this "swap performers" feature I've heard about in 5.0. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated... I'd rather not have to switch them in every single set through the rest of the drill. Thanks!!

Brian Drake

George

Re: Swapping Performers

Post by George » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Well... I'm not on v4 at the moment and can't give you specific information on the rewrite function it has (because it does have SOME function, I just forget what it is) but my tip would be to do it the way I do when I need to do something like that - change the color or symbol of those two positions, so you know who they are and can easily identify them from page to page, grab your lasso tool (or just Control+click each of them) and just go through each page in order and it's a 4-part process per page:

Copy + Paste + Flip + Accept.

Once you get going on it, it should go fairly quickly and save you time.

For me, it's the Ctrl+click I would do (rather than lasso), since my pinky would just stay on that key (I hope it's Ctrl for you... might be Command if on Mac and using the Mac shortcuts...) and then once selected, holding the Ctrl key I hit 'C' then 'V' then in the window that opens I click "Flip" and then "Accept".

Simple... not the built-in rewrite method, but it's the best for me, especially if it's only a couple spots. :) If it were 3, 4, 5+ I would probably go through each page individually and manually rewrite those. But if the positions are flipped exactly, than the Copy/Paste/Flip method would work out just fine. Had to do this with the bass drums a couple tunes ago as I inadvertently flipped them on a set and had to go through and fix that. All I did was select em, copy/paste/flip/accept - done! :)
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

ohvalatx

Post by ohvalatx » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:43 pm

George,
Thanks for the tip - definitely faster!
I MAY have to do a rewrite of the page... problem is, those performers won't move to the NEXT set correctly if they are in a different order. And when I use morph... it doesn't do anything - unless I'm using it wrong?

George

Post by George » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:01 am

ohvalatx wrote:George,
Thanks for the tip - definitely faster!
I MAY have to do a rewrite of the page... problem is, those performers won't move to the NEXT set correctly if they are in a different order. And when I use morph... it doesn't do anything - unless I'm using it wrong?
Hmm... well, actually you are doing it right, if you use the morph tool, but you don't do anything but select the positions from page X to page Y, click "Morph Tool" and just click "Accept". It should fix the animation from page to page if you already flipped the position between those two pages.

Now that I think about it, that is somewhat confusing unless you're looking at it being done visually. I wish I were better at describing these things via text. :)
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com