Music sync

This forum is to discuss Tips and Tricks you have learned while using the 3D Java program

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

CougarGuardGirl
Music sync

Post by CougarGuardGirl » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:15 pm

I am a brand new user in a major time crunch with nearly no time for the learning curve of this software. I need the easiest way to sync my music. Am I correct that I have to count out my entire music selection by clicking the space bar? I need answers quickly. Thanks in advance for your assist.

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Music sync

Post by Pyware » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:28 am

A 3D drill file can be synchronized to one of three types of sound files:
MID = MIDI file
WAV = audio wave file
OGG = audio file
To setup an audio file for use with a drill file do the following:
• With a drill file opened, select the Preferences section of Document Options of the File menu.
• Click Choose File for the audio file and select an audio file.
• To indicate sound with animation, click on the Sound button under the animation controls of the Count Track.
• After clicking on the Sound button, if there is no audio file selected, the following message will display.
• If the selected audio file has not been synchronized to the drill file the following message will display.
• To synchronize an audio file to a drill file click on the <spacebar> while the music is playing in tempo with the music. Each click of the<spacebar> will advance the drill one count. When completed click the Done button on the Synchronizing Window.
• To re-synchronize the drill, clear the current synchronization by holding the <alt> key (<option> on Macintosh) while clicking on the Sound button. Another way to clear the synchronization is by clicking on Clear Synchronization To Drill in the Preferences section of Document Options of the File menu.
• After the audio file is synchronized, each time you click on the Play button when the Sound button is depressed the music will be played.
Should you transfer the drill file to another computer, you will also need to transfer the drills audio file. The location of the audio file is found in the External Files section of Document Options of the File menu.
External files can be saved in a drill file package called 3D Package. This option is available in the Save As dialog. This package is compatible only with the 3D version2 or greater. Should you need the file to open on 3D Version 1, it is best to put the external files in the same folder as the drill.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

ethanehunt

Post by ethanehunt » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:29 am

A music synchronization license - or sync license, for short - is a music license that allows the license holder to "sync" music to some kind of media output. Often sync licenses are used for TV shows and movies, but any kind of visual paired with sound requires a sync license.

A sync license gives you the right to use a song and sync it with a visual in that when you hold a sync license, you are allowed to re-record that song for use in your project. If you want to use a specific version of the song by a specific artist, you also need to get a master recording license. Typically, a sync license is obtained from a music publisher while the master recording license is obtained by from the record label or owner of the master.

A sync license covers a specific period of time, and the license will stipulate how the song can be used. There is one flat fee involved in obtaining a sync license, and once the license is in place, the song can be used as stipulated as many times within the license period as the license holder likes. In other words, if you obtain a sync license and use the song in a film, you do not have to pay a fee on the sync every time the film is viewed.

jaskorhov213

Post by jaskorhov213 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:35 am

ethanehunt wrote:A music synchronization license - or sync license, for short - is a music license that allows the license holder to "sync" music to some kind of media output. Often sync licenses are used for TV shows and movies, but any kind of visual paired with sound requires a sync license.

A sync license gives you the right to use a song and sync it with a visual in that when you hold a sync license, you are allowed to re-record that song for use in your project. If you want to use a specific version of the song by a specific artist, you also need to get a master recording license. Typically, a sync license is obtained from a music publisher while the master recording license is obtained by from the record label or owner of the master.

A sync license covers a specific period of time, and the license will stipulate how the song can be used. There is one flat fee involved in obtaining a sync license, and once the license is in place, the song can be used as stipulated as many times within the license period as the license holder likes. In other words, if you obtain a sync license and use the song in a film, you do not have to pay a fee on the sync every time the film is viewed.

thanks for sharing