Refining bezier shape

This forum is to discuss Tips and Tricks you have learned while using the 3D Java program

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Jelantik
Refining bezier shape

Post by Jelantik » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm

Is there anyway that I can refine a bezier shape after being created using morph and bezier tools? I often find myself needs to refine the shape. But every time I selected the shape and went back to their respected tools that I used to create it, the program gave me many dots just like when I started to adjust the shape. So I basically have to redo my shape (because I use less points) and refine the part that needs to be refined. Is there anyway I can go back to the shape (after being created) and just refine the part that's not working?

Thanks.

jorjastandish

Re: Refining bezier shape

Post by jorjastandish » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:43 pm

I would also want to know if this is possible.

Last edited by jorjastandish on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:52 am

We've actually never seen a request for this before and think it's a great idea. I'm going to add this to the update list for a future release. Are there any other tools that you would like to see this incoporated with?
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

combia1

Post by combia1 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:56 am

That would be awesome if if could remember where your bezier anchors and handles were. So if you ever went back to edit them, you could pick up exactly where you left off and manipulate the bezier tools instead of the morph tool's points. This is how tools like Adobe Illustrator work with bezier shapes.