Combine tools

This forum is to discuss Tips and Tricks you have learned while using the 3D Java program

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

kevphill
Combine tools

Post by kevphill » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:09 pm

How does an average guy , an everyday Joe like myself combine tools anymore like the line tool and the arc tool? I used to select the first tool then draw the first part of the shape then the second tool with the shift key I think,,, Anyway it's hot outside and I want to make an ice cream cone with my ww and brass. Can I combine anymore?
Thanks
kp

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Combine tools

Post by Pyware » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:43 pm

What you will need to do is create the arc or the line first. Then you will accept that form. Click on the other tool and then click the omit overlaps option and select the endpoints option. Then put the first handle of the line or arc on the existing line or arc and then you can continue the form with the new tool.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

kevphill

Post by kevphill » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Thanks Dustin. I was doing it right and didn't know it. Shows my age- the old way on a mono chromatic tube.
Now if I could only figure out the uniform deal.
kp

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:27 pm

What issue are you having with the Uniform?
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

kevphill

Post by kevphill » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:51 pm

I can't get anything done. My kids are all white, 5'8" males in red uniforms. I need Blue and white with gold accents. I can't get anything to pop with the Gimp and the assist program.
I don't know where to start.
kp

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:10 pm

kevphil

The Image Editor guide can be found here http://www.pyware.com/3dguide/imageEditor.html.

I need a reference image to put you in the correct direction. if you would like to post one in our fabric forums we can get something tossed together for you.
http://www.pyware.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=14
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

kevphill

Post by kevphill » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:47 am

I get none of this on any screen:
Opening the Fabric File
To open fabric files for editing, go to the Utilities menu and choose Fabric Editor.
From the Fabric Editor window, we'll need to open the fabric file to edit.
Choose the "Open General Fabric Folder" button in the Fabric Editor window. This will launch the fabrics folder that is installed in your Documents. Open the Master Fabric folder. For this example, let's open the Uniforms(Gimp).xcf file.
Gimp Layout
Before we get started, now would be a good time to familiarize yourself with the layout of Gimp. Below is a labeled screen overview of what you can expect to see in gimp.

I have the helper file and Gimp installed.
I'm lost.
kp