Copy and Paste Visuals

This forum is to discuss Tips and Tricks you have learned while using the 3D Java program

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

cmctrumpet10700
Copy and Paste Visuals

Post by cmctrumpet10700 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:13 am

In the new 7.1.5 - the list of features says you can copy and paste visuals. I can't seem to figure out how in the manual or the website. Anyone find this or figure it out?

i.e. - I have the guard aplit in two different areas of the field, so I want them kneeling on the sideline - switching equipment - standing up and starting work at the same time. I can go back and do this manually, but I was curious about copy and paste.

Thanks,
Chris

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Copy and Paste Visuals

Post by Pyware » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:45 am

Basically you will need to assign 1 person with the Visuals you want to have done, then copy him and then use the paste visuals to apply the visuals to the other performers.

Here are the instructions for Pasting Visuals.

<Snip from 3D Guide>http://www.pyware.com/3dguide/menubar.html

This function pastes visuals that have been stored in the clipboard with the Copy function. If nothing is stored in the clipboard the Paste Visuals function will be dim.

Pasting Visuals is a great way to quickly create ripple effects, as well as copy and paste frequently used visuals.

Select Paste Visuals from the Edit menu and the following will display:

The drop down menu shows both saved visuals (See: Visual Presets Editor) as well as copied visuals from the drill file.

The Sequence option will have the performers perform the pasted visuals every X number of counts, where X is the number of counts you specify. For example, let's say you wanted to have a flag toss ripple every 2 counts. You would copy a performer's flag toss, set your anchors for the range duration, and select the performers to perform the ripple. Choose Paste Visuals from the Edit Menu, then choose to Sequence every 2 counts. Be sure to have the "Equipment Movements" option checked.

Visuals Presets Editor allows you to save presets of visuals. This grants the option to have even less setup for pasting in frequently used visuals, as Visuals Presets can be saved outside of the drill file (vs. copied visuals, which are not remembered once a drill is closed).

To save a Visual to a preset, you must first copy the visual. Once copied, highlight performers where you would like the visual to occur, and choose Edit > Paste Visuals. In the Paste Visuals window, choose Edit List. This will open the Visuals Presets Editor. Pressing "Add" will open a new window, prompting you to name the visual preset you would like to save. Press OK once you have entered a name, then Save in the Visual Presets Editor. The visual preset will now be remembered and can be used in any drill in 3D.

Paste in reverse order will invert any pasted visuals. For example, if you had a horizontal line that had a ripple from left to right, if you choose to copy and paste in reverse order, the ripple will go from right to left.

Any options you choose to include when pasting visuals will be remembered for quick access the next time you open the Paste Visuals dialog. Be sure to include/exclude the options you want pasted when pasting visuals.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

cmctrumpet10700

Post by cmctrumpet10700 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:53 am

Thanks Dustin!

Chris (the same one you helped yesterday try to get the Online stuff working!)

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:57 am

Great!

I am still searching for a solution to the Online issue as well.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

mohsinj677

Post by mohsinj677 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:45 am

:evil: This post is so great and nice :P

Basically you will need to assign 1 person with the Visuals you want to have done, then copy him and then use the paste visuals to apply the visuals to the other performers.