Indoor drill chart question

General questions about the use of the Pyware 3D software.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

RHdrill
Indoor drill chart question

Post by RHdrill » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:12 pm

So I'm in the process of designing my first indoor percussion show.......it's took some time getting everything set-up, but I've got two-thirds of the show complete. When I went to email the charts to the percussion caption head, I "Saved as a PDF" (as I've done for the few MB field shows I've designed), and when I opened the file to double check that it looked ok, I discovered that the PDF was incredibly small. It looks like a football field with a basketball court over the top of a portion of it. The court is very small, the X's are on top of one another in various sets, and the text boxes illegible on most pages.

It's distinctly possible that I set up the template incorrectly, but hey......it's my first time doing this. :-)

Can anyone explain to me how I can save a blown up copy of the basketball floor, with the template correct and legible text boxes? (I hope my explanation makes sense.)

Any and all help is very much appreciated!

Regards,
Rich

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Indoor drill chart question

Post by Pyware » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:44 pm

Rich

It sounds like you are writing an indoor show on a football field.

I would suggest loading an indoor grid from the Grid Designer in the Utilities menu.

This will allow you to have a smaller work area to be printed. You would have to use the shift all performers option to move the drill in to the new location on the grid after changing this.

If you do not want to change the grid you can choose zoom grid to largest printout in the print charts window.

You can also email the drill in and I can take a look at it as well.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

RHdrill

Post by RHdrill » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:16 pm

Hi Dustin,

Sigh......that's EXACTLY what I did. Live and learn I suppose.

That said, I appreciate your reply and suggestions. I'll try a few things out and keep you posted.

Thanks very much!
Rich

RHdrill

Post by RHdrill » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:26 pm

Hi Dustin,

I was able to adjust everything and make it all work; thank you VERY much for guidance!

Take care,
Rich