Facing turning towards center or over specific shoulder.

General questions about the use of the Pyware 3D software.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Ralff
Facing turning towards center or over specific shoulder.

Post by Ralff » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:05 pm

How do I make the performers turn over a specific shoulder or in a specific direction in 3D? I understand how to make the performers turn in the visual editor using the facing tab, but I am not able to figure out how to choose the direction the performers turn.

Thanks.

greatcow95

Re: Facing turning towards center or over specific shoulder.

Post by greatcow95 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:49 pm

It's a quirk I've been forced to live with for a while now when doing To the Rear maneuvers, as it creates an extremely awkward turn when done as they are marching from left to right. It is something on the table, but it's somewhat of a low priority and it's livable.

It's the same story with a stationary pivot wheel maneuver (pinwheel). The stationary pivot will not turn with the rest of the wheel unless you command them to do a slow count turn through the visual editor. Unless you're super-picky like I am, it's a livable moment.

If you're trying to do a slow count turn, your best bet is to hit the turn in halves unless they miraculously turn the direction you need them to without splitting the move. Say you have a slow count turn over 4 counts. The first two is simply to set up the direction. The second two is to finish the slow turn.

If it's a snapped To the Rear turn, then sadly you will be out of luck for the time being.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Facing turning towards center or over specific shoulder.

Post by Pyware » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:24 am

Directional turning is on the list to be added.

At this time GreatCow95's suggestion is the optimal way for now to accomplish this.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536