staggered step offs

General questions about the use of the Pyware 3D software.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

jeffwbush
staggered step offs

Post by jeffwbush » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:54 pm

I'm looking for advice on the easiest way to create staggered step offs. For example: a performer leaving every 2 counts over a 16 count transition.

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: staggered step offs

Post by Pyware » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:56 pm

You can use the Sequential Push Tool or the Traditional Tool from the Tradtional / Military Manuevers Plug-in.

If you are running version 8 you can advance the anchors using a shortcut key and then design the transition for each group, then advance the secondary anchor 2 counts and repeat.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

greatcow95

Re: staggered step offs

Post by greatcow95 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:03 pm

What you are looking for is traditionally called a Step Two Drill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZRFdbi ... g&index=29

To echo Dustin and to add my own flair to this, you are insane if you attempt to do this massively without the Traditional Tools plugin pack. Before this, I had to advance the anchors every X counts and add the next person. It is ridiculous and can lead to any number of errors. Get the plugin pack and save yourself the massive headache.

In fact, the Traditional Tool alone is more than worth the price of the plugin pack, once you get used to it and figure out how to use it correctly.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!