copy/paste placement/grouping backwards in time

General questions about the use of the Pyware 3D software.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

mendel
copy/paste placement/grouping backwards in time

Post by mendel » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi there.

Suppose I lay out the set counts for my entire file before i actually lay down dots. In set 1, I create all of the drill spots, but it's designed as a "dots template" just to know how many spots I have to write for.

Suppose the first set I want to write for real is my first 'arrival' point which is set 5. I write that set and sets 1-4 remain untouched and are therefore determined as "no movement".

Now i want to work to build sets backwards - I want to create set 4 by copy/pasting set 5 into set 4 as a starting point and then adjust set 4 accordingly. Attempts to copy set 5 spots to paste into set 4 confuses Pyware because it believes that where it should try to "match" comes from set 3 - including groupings which i haven't touched since setting up the initial "spot template". The result is that the form is pasted properly, but all of the spots are wrong and the groups are wrong which makes copy/paste backward in time useless.

Help?

EDIT:
Actually, it appears that backward vs forward in time is not the issue for copy/paste, the issue is trying to paste a form into a set where the grouping is drastically different. So i guess what I'm looking for is the ability to copy and paste grouping attributes. Forward in time is easier to address because you can always just "delete" the future set, but backwards would still be an issue.
-
M

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: copy/paste placement/grouping backwards in time

Post by Pyware » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Do you have your writing arrow pointed to the write or the left on the count track.

If you click on the red arrow between your anchors this will allow you to start writing backwards in the fashion you are wanting.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

mendel

Re: copy/paste placement/grouping backwards in time

Post by mendel » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:16 pm

brilliant. thank you!
-
M