How to write a hold instead of a mark time?

General questions about the use of the Pyware 3D software.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

MilitaryMan
How to write a hold instead of a mark time?

Post by MilitaryMan » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:38 pm

I must be missing something absolutely simple, but how do you do this? And since I'm here, is there anyway to rotate the bottom half of a performer over two or four counts after a glide?

greatcow95

Re: How to write a hold instead of a mark time?

Post by greatcow95 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:48 pm

Holds are done under the Visuals Editor. You'll highlight them, click the red flag for the Visual Editor, Click Visuals, and then adjust the hold style there.

For the second half, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. Can you elaborate?
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!

MilitaryMan

Post by MilitaryMan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:56 am

I have a front rank moving across the field, but keeping horns to the sideline. So the top half is facing differently than the bottom half. When they get to their spot, I'd like to have them rotate the bottom half of their body back to the sideline to realign with where their top half has been facing this whole time.

greatcow95

Post by greatcow95 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:20 am

So under the facings, the top half is facing in one particular direction. Did I think this out correctly?

To get the lower half to match the upper half again, you will have to go under Facings in the visual editor and have them follow the direction of the movement once again. However, under ordinary circumstances, the lower half should align any time there is a stop to mark time or hold still.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!

MilitaryMan

Post by MilitaryMan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Thank you so much for your replies. You are always so helpful. You've come to my rescue several times over the last few years. Yes, I know that they instantly realign. Was just wondering if there was a way to do the rotation of the body over a couple of counts. Thank you again for everything. :)

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:38 pm

The rotation of a body over a range of counts would be done in the facing tab of the visuals editor.

http://www.pyware.com/guide/3d/v8/9.0/en/topic/facing

If you want to move more than 180 degrees, you would need to create that in 2 separate facing changes.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536