Rotating Panels

General questions about the use of the Pyware 3D software.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

MilitaryMan
Rotating Panels

Post by MilitaryMan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:36 pm

We are using (5) vertical panel frames in our show this year. Each is 6'x12'. We have photographic image panels on the front side representing the theme of our show. We also have mounted panels of an American Flag stretched out across the (5) panels, so that when the frames are rotated, the flag replaces the photographs.

Is there any way to simulate this in Pyware. I know how to create the props. I know how to rotate and move them. Is there any way to change the graphics on the panels, mid-drill?

greatcow95

Re: Rotating Panels

Post by greatcow95 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:15 pm

Yes, but you need Version 9.

If you have this, you can turn them into a "Propformer," basically a performer wearing a giant prop. Said propformer then rotates using the facing tool to reveal the new side.

PS--Be absolutely sure you're following the US Flag Code ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Flag_Code ). I know of lots of competitions where a violation is an automatic disqualification.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Rotating Panels

Post by Pyware » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:22 am

Standard props can have 2 independent sides, however you cannot change the image mid show. You will have one image on side one and one image on side two.

To do this you would name the front image prop.front.png and for the back you would name it prop.back.png. Then select the front image in the choose image option, the software will locate the back image if it is in the same location and apply it to the prop automatically.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536