Follow the leader and compress (?)

General questions about the use of the Pyware 3D software.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

tssb
Follow the leader and compress (?)

Post by tssb » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:12 pm

I am fairly new to writing drill at all, let alone writing drill using Pyware.

I have 2 horizontal lines setup. I want each line to follow 1 performer in an arc and finish behind a prop. I have the shape as I want it, however I am struggling to work out how I get all of the performers to move through the shape and end up with all of them behind the prop. At the end of the follow the leader, only 2 or 3 are behind the prop and the rest are at positions across the shape. I need to compress the line, but I am unsure how to do this. I have had a look through the documentation but I'm not really sure what tool to look for.

Thanks in advance.

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Follow the leader and compress (?)

Post by Pyware » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:03 am

Based on what you are describing you may need to use a combination of 2 or 3 tools to accomplish this.

For creating a FTL to a new form that has a different interval you would first create the new form with the interval you want and accept that form. After that you would then select the same group of performers and select the FTL tool then you would be able to apply the FTL transition to that form. If you find that you need to adjust the location of the form you can use the Push Tool with the Compound Move option selected and this will allow you to reposition the form and the transition will modify to meet the new endpoints while maintaining the FTL maneuver.

If you have more specific questions it would be best if we could see the file you are working with so that we can make specific suggestions on how to accomplish the maneuver you are looking for.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

tssb

Re: Follow the leader and compress (?)

Post by tssb » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:34 am

It's been a while but following your instructions and this video on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcYHDpi ... JazI5ZL8MJ) I've achieved what I wanted to do. Thank you for your help and for the YoUTube videos.