Side stepping

General questions about the use of the Pyware 3D software.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Cerbje
Side stepping

Post by Cerbje » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:30 pm

Hello,

My band is currently considering purchasing a license for Pyware. They asked me to demonstrate the opening of our show in the Real View. To show the strength of the program. So far I can get everything to work. But I am wondering if there is a way to do Side steps (not sure if it is called that way in English).

But the move I mean is Just stepping to the left (Legs spread), then close them again by bringing your right foot towards the left. This means you move a position to the left in 2 counts.

Is this possible ?

I gladly read your reply.

greatcow95

Re: Side stepping

Post by greatcow95 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:29 am

If the performers face a certain direction, which is usually the front for show/corps bands, then sidestepping should be happening in Real View.

You can get this happening with the facings tool. Click the red flag in your menu bar and search through there for it.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!

Cerbje

Post by Cerbje » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:29 am

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I already tried your way. I think the side stepping name might not correct for the move I am looking for.
Anyway in your suggestion:
if the performer faces front and moves to the right, the the lower body turns, and the performer walks to the side. That is not what I want, what I want is not really walking

I am looking for:
Closed legs -> Step out into spread stand starting with your left foot -> Close legs into a normal stand by bringing your right foot to the left -> repeat.

I searched for it on youtube.
You can see it here around 30 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpzmO5BPpeE

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:38 am

I am sorry, we currently do not have a way of visually showing that style of side step.

We currently only have what would be considered a slide, where the upper body stays facing the desired facing direction and then the lower body turns to march in the movement direction.

The other option we have would be a crab step, which will have a cross over of the feet when sliding.

I have put your request on our future update request list.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

Cerbje

Post by Cerbje » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:46 am

Hi Dustin,

I figured that would be the case. I just put a slide at that point for now. It easy enough to tell everyone what we would see there.

Thanks a lot for you reply :)