Production Sheet bug

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

cgoodwin
Production Sheet bug

Post by cgoodwin » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:46 pm

I'm enjoying the new production sheet feature - it saves so much time with the text boxes and helps keep my head on straight. I have noticed a bug with it, however. I'm not sure if this was happening before I installed the update, so it may or may not be related. I have it set to auto-hide, so my screen isn't as cluttered. Occasionally, it doesn't auto-hide when it should, so I need to pop it out and then back in, in order for it to disappear (hopefully that made sense). That's a minor annoyance, but not a big deal.

However, when I have the text box tool open, if I pop out the production sheet at the same time, the production sheet stays there, covering everything, and won't allow me to minimize it. I've tried using the escape key and other things, but it seems the only solution is to close and reopen the program. Now, I don't know WHY I've been opening the production sheet while in the text editor, or why I popped it out, but this has happened several times in the past two days, so there must be some reason (I'm not consciously thinking about it until after it's happened). I may have been doing something else that caused it, but what I described above replicates the issue for me.
3D Interactive Pro 7.1.3
Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
Dell XPS L502X
Intel Core i7 2.3 GHz
8 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

University of New Hampshire Wildcat Marching Band

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Production Sheet bug

Post by Pyware » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:46 am

The production sheet will hide when your mouse cursor enters the design field. If you move from the production sheet directly to the text tool control panel this will keep the production sheet up. Please let me know if this helps.

cgoodwin

Post by cgoodwin » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:46 pm

Yeah, I'm aware of that. There's a bug, though, if you do the wrong combination of moves. It keeps the production sheet up (detached) and unable to close (clicking on the pushpin icon does nothing, esc does nothing, and the window is immovable). I'll try to keep track of what I did if it happens again, but I can replicate the problem by opening the text editor, and then opening the production sheet and detaching it.

Again, not a problem if I know how to avoid it, but I thought you'd want to know about the bug. Luckily the program doesn't freeze when it happens, so one can still save before reopening Pyware.

Thanks!

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:19 am

If you can let me know a process or when it happens in the text editor. I will test here and see if I can recreate this issue.