Uploading Errors - Missing File?

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

michiotheblu
Uploading Errors - Missing File?

Post by michiotheblu » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:10 am

I'm trying to upload my field show package, named Drill #1 (for reference), and, after it looks like it uploaded all of Drill #1, i'm getting the following message under the progress column:

online\Drill #1.3dz.sem(The system cannot find the file specified)

What kind of file is this, and why can't it find it?

(Running on Version 2.1.0)

Well, the Tech Guys have solved it again. Turns out the problems were caused by the pound sign in the file name. Thanks for pointing it out to me Dustin. So remember everyone...burn the pounds and see better results, right away.
Yah! I'm 500th registered guest! Can i get a prize for that? Yes...no?

PywareTechSupport
Site Admin

Post by PywareTechSupport » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:49 am

The file names should only include alphanumeric characters and they may also include (-) Hyphens, (_) Underscores, and (.) periods. This will help reduce issues that may be experienced when uploading files.
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support

GSBand

Post by GSBand » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:35 pm

I'm having the same issue with underscores and plain letters, for example, omriver.3dz and om_river.3dz have the same problem -- I upload them, then the uploading tool tells me that I don't have a local copy. For some reason, they're showing up at the bottom of the list and it won't let me add them. I have to restart 3DJ and then sometimes it works. It's annoying, but I haven't actually lost a file... yet.