Upgraded from 5 to 6

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

ablemusic
Upgraded from 5 to 6

Post by ablemusic » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:02 pm

And now I have to convert mp3's to midi/wav/or OGG??? As a writer of several shows, that's going to add considerable hassle to the process. I thought upgrades were designed to improve software? :(

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Upgraded from 5 to 6

Post by Pyware » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:42 am

The synchable audio format was changed in February 2010. This was done due to incompatibilities on multiple platforms. Version 4, 5 & 6 require the same audio file types to sync to the drill. We do have a list of audio convertors available on our website that will allow you to convert the audio files to one of the acceptable formats.

http://www.pyware.com/audioconvertors.html

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

trimpe

Re: Upgraded from 5 to 6

Post by trimpe » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:24 pm

I've said this before on the phone, but I would personally love the ability to modify a configuration file or click a check box or warning window that acknowledges that I understand that mp3 files may not always be compatible and are not supported officially by PyWare BUT would like them to be usable. I personally never had any issues with mp3, and while converting my mp3s over to ogg isn't by any stretch of the imagination a deal breaking major hardship, I am somewhat annoyed I have to do it now for the 15-20 shows I write a season.