Pyware 6.0.6 Update not updating version number

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Solstice
Pyware 6.0.6 Update not updating version number

Post by Solstice » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:47 pm

Dustin,
I just downloaded the updater to 6.0.6. When I run it, it says it is updating to 6.0.6 but the version number in the "About" screen still shows 6.0.5.

Solstice

Re: Pyware 6.0.6 Update not updating version number

Post by Solstice » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Solstice wrote:Dustin,
I just downloaded the updater to 6.0.6. When I run it, it says it is updating to 6.0.6 but the version number in the "About" screen still shows 6.0.5.
This is the Macintosh updater, just for clarification...

Also includes the built-in "Update" feature... when I check for updates within Pyware 3D after installing what claims to be 6.0.6 (Build1) I still end up with 6.0.5 and the updater goes through all the efforts of updating, but ends up using this flawed updater (aka shampoo, rinse, repeat).

George

Post by George » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:10 pm

I am also experiencing this very odd issue.

Before this current update I was on 6.0.4. I went to the Updates page on the Pyware website and found out that v6.0.6 was released. Prior to downloading this update from the Pyware website, upon noticing the 6.0.6 update being posted, my computer wasn't recognizing an update being available. When I would "Check for Updates" it would tell me that there were no updates available. I didn't know an update was available until I read this thread.

I downloaded the zip file, unzipped it and installed it as usual.

Once completed, I started up Pyware and the splash screen read "6.0.5", as it was previously pointed out.

Not only that, I went to the "Check for Updates" in the Online Pyware Updater and it is telling me that there is an update available to 6.0.6 and the window of text snaps to the 6.0.5 update notes, though the 6.0.6 notes are there too. At first I thought it was telling me about what the updates were for 6.0.5 only, but then I realized I could scroll up to see 6.0.6 notes.

Also, when going to the Update Page on Pyware.com it is telling me that my current version is "06.00.05" even after I have updated to 6.0.6. (I checked before doing the update and it said 06.00.04, which is what I was on before.) The update installer that I downloaded says that it is version 6.0.6 as it installs the update.

Running on a Mac OS X 10.6.8

Solstice

Post by Solstice » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:39 pm

George,

Also on MacOS 10.6.8 and thank you for seeing the same issue and documenting it much more thoroughly than I...

I often check the Pyware site just because the built-in updater sometimes simply doesn't "see" the update as available... we are heading into the busy season soon (now for some of us!) and I, for one, like to get my system as stable as possible and then NOT update until I am done writing drill unless there is a really compelling reason to do so (i.e. an update that addresses an issue that I am directly experiencing while writing). I am currently writing idea segments to present to the rest of the visual team, short little segments of drill that show an idea I have for a moment in the show. In the next week or so we begin writing our field show.

Thanks George!

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:39 am

I will take a look at this and get it corrected.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:24 am

The version 6.0.6 updater is now updated and should now update the version number properly.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

Solstice

Post by Solstice » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:38 pm

pygraph wrote:The version 6.0.6 updater is now updated and should now update the version number properly.
Thanks Dustin!