editing a performers path?

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

craigh
editing a performers path?

Post by craigh » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:55 pm

Is it possible to use a tool like the morph tool to create a destination for a performer and then subsequently edit the path of that performer?

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: editing a performers path?

Post by Pyware » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:44 pm

You would need to use the Follow the Leader or Track tool to adjust the performers pathway after you had accepted the morph.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

mperry

Post by mperry » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Yea, I don't get it. I run into that problem a lot. I want to move a group of performers or morph them, but I don't like the path. Sometimes they run into other people but I know in my mind where i want them to go. I want to think it would be some sort of compound move but isn't. I've added an extra tab to get them somewhere first but there has to be abetter way to show them the path i want them to go as I morph them somewhere. I tried to use follow leader but still not sure.

George

Post by George » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:15 pm

mperry wrote:Yea, I don't get it. I run into that problem a lot. I want to move a group of performers or morph them, but I don't like the path. Sometimes they run into other people but I know in my mind where i want them to go. I want to think it would be some sort of compound move but isn't. I've added an extra tab to get them somewhere first but there has to be abetter way to show them the path i want them to go as I morph them somewhere. I tried to use follow leader but still not sure.
Have you tried using the tracking tool?

I've messed with this before but it takes some time and patience to get it to work as you want it to. Many times I just make a note in a text box for the director/staff/performers to be aware of a different/better path for them to take. If the paths are actually creating a collision and you need to adjust a performer or two, maybe using the tracking tool on the few performers around that collision may fix it.
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

mark
Site Admin

Post by mark » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:01 am

Another option would be using the Adjuster Tool.

-Open Adjuster Tool
-Click on performer to adjust
-Click "Edit Steps" in the tool's Control Panel

This will show an edit handle for every step the performer takes. You can then adjust the steps accordingly.
Mark Mullins
Marketing Director
http://www.pyware.com
http://www.facebook.com/pygraphics