v7 in perpective view — figurine swapping around

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Jelantik
v7 in perpective view — figurine swapping around

Post by Jelantik » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:46 pm

I upgraded my v6 to v.7.02, and on all my drill that were created from version 6 when played in perspective view, the figurines are swapping around even though on the overhead screen, all the dots show that they move correctly. I tried to select the shape and applied morph tool, but it didn't work. Also, when I select the morph tool, you can see the path is wrong (that's why it's swapping around). But when you play, on the overhead screen the dots move correctly. If you scrub the play head, on the perspective view the figurines move correctly (no swapping around).

I noticed on all my drill files, each drill file will have some movement where the figurine are swapping around. So far, I basically have to delete the animation and redo it. Is there any easiest way to fix it?

I'm using Mac Quad Pro 2.8 Ghz, 8MB ram and OS. 10.6.8

File can be viewed here:

perspective view:
http://youtu.be/aZNCGpMgd6Q

overhead view:
http://youtu.be/Db8oohe5Lpk

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: v7 in perpective view — figurine swapping around

Post by Pyware » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:30 pm

I noticed that you do not have your performers labeled in the design view. If you apply a label to them you will see that the performers do flip.

I am sorry the only way to correct this would be to delete the transition and reenter it.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

Jelantik

Post by Jelantik » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:51 am

Maybe I'm not clear enough to point out the real problem. But I see your point about the labels though. The labels only answered one little part of the question, and not 'the reason why it's swapping around to begin with'.

So my point is, in v6, all my drill movement are correct (perspective view and design view). This random flipping around happens only after I upgraded and opened my v.6 drill files (not just one but all of them) in v.7. None of my dots are flipped in v.6. So I was wondering why it happens? It doesn't happen when I created and played them in v6 before?? Besides, the problematic movement (the example) is in the middle of my finished drill. So there's no way I left it flipped *scratching my head*. If I see it flipped, do you think I will purposely letting it go? No, right? Especially the fact is I did finish writing this drill already before I upgraded to v.7

My major issues are "all my drill files" show problems with figurine switching somewhat in the middle of all my drill files. That means I have to REDO all sections with flipping figure for "ALL" my drill files created from v.6. I brought this issue up to your attention because if it works fine in v.6, then it's not fine in v.7 then there's must be a bug in the program. If what you mean is a user error, then can you explain to me why it happens on all of my drill files created in v.6 and opens in v7? And this happens randomly but consistently on all drill files created in v.6, even in a finished drill?? I doesn't make any sense to me.. *scratching my head*

But… owwww weeell, I guess it is what it is then...

*start opening file one by one, scrubbing each marker one by one then deleting animation and re-entering it… <sigh> *

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:29 am

The issue would be both in Version 6 and Version 7 as it would be an issue with the drill file. They may not be as visible in the Version 6 as there was no way of creating a smooth animation.

This issue can also be identified by using the Continuity Analyzer in the Clinic Menu of the software.

If you could send me a copy of one of the drill files I would be happy to take a look at it further to give it a full diagnosis.

My email is dustin at pyware dot com.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536