PNG colors washed out for props

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

DigitalRonyn
PNG colors washed out for props

Post by DigitalRonyn » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:18 am

Hi there! LOVING the new Real View. I am having an issue though that maybe I can get a help or solution for.

I'm using PNG's for my props that I have in the show as I need to use transparency due to their shapes. The color is washed out on the props.

I have a few that are a lime green in color..these appear as a very light yellow...and I have a few that are brown that are appearing as orange.

Is this a known issue or do I need to format the graphic files in a specific way to avoid this?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

George

Re: PNG colors washed out for props

Post by George » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:09 am

I have noticed this as well and wanted to mention this same issue. I thought about it a while ago but oddly thought it was me just seeing things at 4am. ;)

I am not 100% positive at this moment but I believe it's for any file type - for me, jpeg and png.

An example of this issue I've seen, I created a box prop set of images for the orange pilons that go in the endzones. Cool idea and all, but the orange that is facing the front is so washed out it looks like a completely different hue. As in yellow.

Here is a screenshot of the pilons I'm talking about - and know that the pilon images I used are all the same shade of orange:

I understand this is to give the 3D effect and adding highlights/shadows - but it's a little too much, I think. If there's any way to tone it down, it would be much easier to look at.

In addition, I've noticed this more recently than earlier versions of v7 so I'm not sure if it was something that happened since the release or what. Seems as if it happened starting around 4 weeks ago for me, but that just happened to be when I noticed it. I don't know. Haven't been using props often enough for me to remember.

Thanks!
Last edited by George on Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:41 am

The issue you are seeing would be the effect of the lighting on props. I will adjust that in a new set of Models and see if that will be better for you. I will issue a new model download today or tomorrow to test.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

DigitalRonyn

Post by DigitalRonyn » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Thanks Dustin!

Since the show I'm working on is pretty reliant on the color scheme...this will be really helpful to have fixed.

greatcow95

Post by greatcow95 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:45 pm

I was going to say exactly what Dustin said and blame the lighting. I guess, for the moment, the fix is to make it a darker color than you think it will be so that the lighting will be taken into account.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:41 pm

New Models have been uploaded with changes to the lighting for props. Restart your program to download them or choose Reload 3D Models in the Display tab of Applicaiton Options.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

DigitalRonyn

Post by DigitalRonyn » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:50 am

Dustin,

These are LIGHT YEARS better (sorry for the pun). Thanks so much for resolving this quickly!