New venue?

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

gmccarty@cableone.net
New venue?

Post by gmccarty@cableone.net » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:38 am

I just did the V 7.0.4 upgrade, but do not have any venues in the drop down box for venues.

Dustin, I am still having the problem where the installation hangs up when it gets to the font. (You and I have talked about this before). If I close the installation at this point, the program and upgrades work, but the total installation is never finished. Could this be where I am missing the venue?

By the way, my drill customers are completely blown away by the Real View!

-Gary-

trimpe

Re: New venue?

Post by trimpe » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:21 pm

FWIW, I've had the installer hang at the font probably 40% of the time between installs and upgrades on my two machines. Both Wind7 x64 SP1

mark
Site Admin

Post by mark » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:14 pm

For the installation hangup:

I'm assuming you're both on Windows machines. The last part of the installer is installing fonts commonly used in 3D. The installer is trying to place the fonts in your System (Control Panel / Fonts) fonts folder. Unfortunately, Windows is thinking the installer doesn't have permission to do so.

A good work around would be to restart your machine. Once the machine boots up again, right click on the installer and choose "Run as Administrator." This should allow the installer to properly install those fonts.
Mark Mullins
Marketing Director
http://www.pyware.com
http://www.facebook.com/pygraphics

DigitalRonyn

Post by DigitalRonyn » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:05 pm

I also get the installer issue regardless of whether I am installing as an admin or not. I just cancel out and the rest of the files are updated (thanks for the tip Dustin!) but am not sure why this issue pops up even with the right privileges.

For the venue not showing up I just reloaded the Real View Models and the High School Venue appeared in my menu. After my initial upgrade to 7.0.4 it did not show up for me either. It did after the update. Hope this helps!

ALSO: Customers are blown away by Real View as well!

George

Post by George » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:00 am

I just wanted to add - I also had the issue of the HS venue not appearing or being selectable upon the initial run of v7.0.4 on my Mac running OS X 10.8.

all worked fine and well after quitting and restarting Pyware and running it for the second time. has been working fine ever since.
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com