Audio will not sync - version 7.04

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

ckreke
Audio will not sync - version 7.04

Post by ckreke » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:25 am

I'm attempting to set up a new file like I've done a hundred times this summer and suddenly I cannot get the audio to sync with the file. I've converted the mp3 to an .ogg file in both Audacity and Sound Forge, updated to version 7.04, tried it on both my Macbook and PC and on all fronts the following happens... When I click the speaker icon the "Audio Synchronization" dialog box pops up and I click "yes" to sync the audio with the spacebar. Then the lower left corner goes to the "synchronizing" with the count box and Done button but no music plays and when I click the Done button to stop the sync the whole program freezes and I have to force quit it. I've tried this on both a Windows 7 PC and a Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion with the same results. I've used both within the last few days writing other shows with no trouble whatsoever. I've also redone the audio file into .ogg and .wav files and while it works in both versions everywhere else the same thing happens in Pyware. Any quick help would be appreciated - I've got an opener to get out today!!!

C

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Audio will not sync - version 7.04

Post by Pyware » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:13 am

This issue was corrected by removing the # symbol from the file name.

If the following symbols are in a file name you would encounter similar issues.

# $ % & < > ! :

Please make sure that you remove these symbols to have the audio files work properly.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536