Clinic tools bug and surface shadows in Real View

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

George
Clinic tools bug and surface shadows in Real View

Post by George » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Clinic

I'm experiencing a bug that happens about every 3rd or 4th time I use the Clinic tools. When I turn on the clinic tools and examine the drill, for some reason the "warning triangles" continue to flash and show on the Design View, even after I have closed out of the clinic windows. This doesn't happen every time I use it though and I can't really remember what could have caused it, what I did exactly and/or in what order. I just have noticed it happening several times the past couple weeks and thought I'd post about it here.

Before I started to write this post, I opened a file and tried to recreate this issue to see if there was a way I could specifically identify what I did that led to it happening, but it all worked fine. So I don't know. Maybe a recent update pushed to my computer that fixed it? Not sure.

Shadows

I'm not experiencing performance issues with the Real View on my computer, but I am seeing incorrect shadows showing on the field but only when using a surface. The shadows are shown correctly on the default field when I click the icon on the right side of the RV window to hide the surface, but when I click through and turn the surface back on, the shadows turn into a lower resolution and darkened/incomplete shadow. I have no idea what might be causing this, whether it be my surface file or my computer. I don't remember this ever being an issue prior to 7.0.4.

my system is an iMac running M.Lion 10.8.1 and the graphics is ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB. Intel quad core i5 @2.8ghz, 8 gigs of 1333 mhz ram.

Again, all runs fine and smoothly... NO performance issues with the software, whatsoever, but just the shadows looking somewhat funny with the surface enabled.

A couple photos to illustrate what I am seeing.

with the surface enabled.
(click thumbnail for larger image):

and without the surface enabled - default field.
(click thumbnail for larger image):
Last edited by George on Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

trimpe

Re: Clinic tools bug and surface shadows in Real View

Post by trimpe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:45 am

I can confirm the shadows issue also happens with win7 x64 SP1 (7.0.4)

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Clinic tools bug and surface shadows in Real View

Post by Pyware » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:42 pm

The shadow issue should be fixed in version 7.0.5 when it is released.

I will look into the issue with the Clinic Triangles showing on the screen when the clinics are closed.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536