Can't change fabric in production

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

aj_posthuma
Can't change fabric in production

Post by aj_posthuma » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:50 am

I recently downloaded the custom fabric you created for us. It looks great, but I can't get it to show in the real view of my production. What do I do wrong?

I go to the real view window, click to the preferences option where you can define the fabric. I check the "use fabrics from below table" radio button. In the table, I click the pencil to change the fabric. In the next pop-up window I can see the newly created fabric files, but when I choose them nothing happens. I do get the warning that production file needs to be saved before blabla. So I click yes to save and no effect. I even get back to main menu and save again, but still no effect.

I have another production file in which I am able to switch between fabrics. In that file, I noticed I have the option to go to the fabric folder and navigate to a new folder if neccessary. That button is gray in my "troubled productionfile"

Can you help me out?

Many thanks in advance,
Albert-Jan

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Can't change fabric in production

Post by Pyware » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:32 am

Albert-Jan

Assign the uniforms fabrics to the appropriate marcher options in the Document Options. Then you will need to select the performers and open the Visuals Tool and assign the marcher type to the performers that you have assigned the uniforms to.

http://www.pyware.com/3dguide/viseditor.html
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

aj_posthuma

Post by aj_posthuma » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Did exactly that, but no effect... I am able to switch between male band uniform 1,2 and 3; but I can't change the fabric that's assigned to eg male band uniform 1. Even though the table is changed, see attached screenpic 1.

In the next window I don't have the option to open the fabrics folder, maybe this is related to the problem?

Anyway, screenpic 3 is what I now have when I assign a couple of my members to male band uniform3, and others to male band uniform 1. It's nice, but it's not the uniform I had hoped for...

Could it be related to the fact that this drillfile was created with an earlier version of Pyware? I thought I had upgraded it properly..

Thanks for your help..!

Rgds, AJ
Attachments
screencapture 3.jpg
screencapture 2.jpg
screencapture 1.jpg

aj_posthuma

Post by aj_posthuma » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Upgraded OS from Windows XP to Windows 7, now the problem is gone.

Rgds, AJ