Personalized Drill Book printing problems

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

craigh
Personalized Drill Book printing problems

Post by craigh » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:12 pm

A few issues I was wondering about:

1) If I select one performer and then select "Print Personalized Drill Books" and then select "save as PDF (mac), I get a blank PDF file. If I select two performers, I get one set of charts in the file.

2) The text in the charts (directions, page numbers) are a complete mess in the personalized drill book. The font is too large and the container it is in was not enlarged and so the text becomes unreadable. Any way to fix this?

3) The top chart in the personalized drill book is the full field and wastes space. Is it possible to zoom this chart as you can do in a regular "print charts" action?

4) The "zoomed view" chart in the personalized drill books shows the previous and next positions in red. This doesn't work when printing in black and white. Are there options here? Maybe some dotted lines or something? Also sometimes the red paths extend beyond the zoomed view. It seems like it should show the entire path, so it shouldn't zoom in so far.

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Personalized Drill Book printing problems

Post by Pyware » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:51 pm

Can you provide me with the Drill you are working with so that these can be tested?

You can email to dustin @ pyware.com.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

craigh

Post by craigh » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:06 am

I sent it, did you get it?

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:51 am

Craig

Yes I received it and I am looking into the concerns you are reporting now.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

craigh

Post by craigh » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:58 am

1) If I select one performer and then select "Print Personalized Drill Books" and then select "save as PDF (mac), I get a blank PDF file. If I select two performers, I get one set of charts in the file.
Dustin - I wanted to clarify what I was doing here. I am *not* choosing Pyware's "Save as PDF" button from the "Print Personalized Drill Books" dialog box. (If you do that, both performers are saved as PDF files). What I did was choose "Print/Preview" button in that dialog and then use the Mac's "Save to PDF" option from the Print Dialog box. This results in the empty pdf file. (or one performer less than selected).

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:29 pm

Craig

Please select the save as PDF option from 3D and see if that works properly for you when selecting one performer.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

craigh

Post by craigh » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:38 pm

that method works correctly.

craigh

Post by craigh » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:13 pm

@Dustin, I should clarify again. That method fixes issue #1 above, but not the other 3.