Linking Drill with Sound File

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

TimHurlburt
Linking Drill with Sound File

Post by TimHurlburt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:24 am

Ever since I started using this program (probably around version 4), linking the drill file with a sound file has NEVER worked properly.

1. The ONLY file type that will work at all is a .mid I cannot use .wav, .mp3, .aif or any other sound file at all without the entire program freezing up.

2. The midi file plays normally for about 5 seconds before it goes completely crazy either holding every note for an indefinite amount of time creating a cluster chord, changing keys for some voices but not others, speeding up, slowing down, skipping sections entirely.

3. If I power through it all and sync it anyway, the sound starts doing wonky things in different random spots every time I play it back.

4. I've called the support line 3 times about this over the years and have gotten these responses:

- "I'm sorry, that doesn't make sense. There's nothing I can do about that."

- "You're obviously doing something wrong or you're not describing what's happening very well because I don't understand you."

- "This isn't really what I do, can I have someone call you back?"

Every time that there's a new update, I hope that it will work properly but alas, it's still acting up. I can use the program without the sound files, it just seems like a cool feature I'd like to take advantage of. Despite the unbelievably rude, disrespectful, and useless "help" I've gotten from Pyware's phone support group, I suppose I'll ask on here.

Does anyone have any tips for me? I don't think I'm as crazy or stupid as the pyware folks would have me believe I am but maybe they're right...

Thanks in advance!

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Linking Drill with Sound File

Post by Pyware » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:08 pm

Tim

What version of 3D are you currently running?

Would you be able to provide me with a phone number that I can contact you at?

If you have the audio file you are attempting to use please email it to me and I would be happy to take a look at it to help with your syncing issue.

dustin @ pyware.com
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

trimpe

Re: Linking Drill with Sound File

Post by trimpe » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:09 pm

MP3 functionality was removed a while ago unfortunately. If you convert your file to OGG, you should be good to go. Audacity is an excellent open source free program that can do it for you.