Step sizes display incorrectly

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

trimpe
Step sizes display incorrectly

Post by trimpe » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:54 am

Running 7.1.5 on Windows 7 x64

Having lots of strange issues with the step size being reported very inconsistently. Created a new project and put in my starting set. If I take some of them and push them over 5 yards in 8 counts, one would expect to see the step size reported as 8 to 5. The gray area for appropriate range is correct, but sometimes it says "tiny", sometimes it's correct and says "8 to 5", other times it's somewhere in between. On one form I have the a chunk of people moving at what is likely a 7 to 5 or so over 12 counts and getting it reported back to me as 12 to 5.

I have absolutely no idea why some (most really) performers are not reported correctly yet others are. I noticed this happening in 7.1.4 as well. The only thing that I can think of is that I often start from a template file that was made in 7.0.x mostly for text boxes and setup page formatting, but it doesn't seem like that should really matter. Then again, it seems that I'm the only person who has said something about it here on the forum... so... maybe?

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Step sizes display incorrectly

Post by Pyware » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:02 pm

JR

There are 2 pieces of information in the stride size line now Largest Stride Size (LG:) and Smallest Stride Size (SM:).

Step Size Lg: Size of the Largest stride in inches (Size of Stride referenced to 5 yds) Sm: Size of Smallest Stride in inches (Size of Stride referenced to 5 yds).

I believe this is what is causing the confusion.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

trimpe

Post by trimpe » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:06 pm

pygraph wrote:JR

There are 2 pieces of information in the stride size line now Largest Stride Size (LG:) and Smallest Stride Size (SM:).

Step Size Lg: Size of the Largest stride in inches (Size of Stride referenced to 5 yds) Sm: Size of Smallest Stride in inches (Size of Stride referenced to 5 yds).

I believe this is what is causing the confusion.
:oops:

Wow. Yeah. That was it. Literacy is apparently not my strong suit... Thanks for clearing that up.

I guess I would toss in a feature request to be able to switch those 2 values around so smallest is first and largest is second. My eye drifts to the end of the text string much faster than the middle. Not a big deal now that I know I need to be looking elsewhere, but if it's not a big deal to add, that would be really cool.

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:34 pm

I will put it on the list.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536