Regrouping with Glue Tool Problem

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

bgilmore
Regrouping with Glue Tool Problem

Post by bgilmore » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:53 am

Hello,
I'm relatively new to Pyware (v7.1.5 Pro) and I'm still feeling out some of the functionality. One thing that's been a challenge for me is figuring out how to change the order of performers in their grouping.

For example, I select a group of performers that I would like to reorder. Their current order is ABABAB. Using the Knife/Glue Tool, I select "Regroup All" and then Glue them together in the order AAABBB. This displays a thick red line connecting them in the order I have specified. I then either select "Accept" or have the "Accept Changes and Stick Around" option enabled - I have tried it both ways. When I select this grouping to edit them, the thin blue line connects them in order ABABAB. So when I create a new form I have to clear the matching lines and manually reselect them. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Regrouping with Glue Tool Problem

Post by Pyware » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:40 am

To apply a pattern or a divide into you have to have a single group, that is not separated.

If you have a separate groups that you would like to apply a pattern too.
1) Select all of the groups.
2) Open knife Tool.
3) Regroup All.
4) Group all performers into one group.
5) Apply the chosen pattern.

This should give you the result you are looking for.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

bgilmore

Post by bgilmore » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:12 am

Hi Dustin,
Thanks for your response. I don't think I explained the issue I'm having very well. I attached a picture with two screenshots. The first is what it looks like when I Glue the performers together. The second is what it looks like after accepting the changes and then selecting that group to reshape them. I want the blue line that connects them in the second picture to be in the same order as the first picture. What is the best method for achieving this?

Thanks again.
Attachments
Example.jpg
Example.jpg (24.33KiB)Viewed 10167 times

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:35 pm

Please restart the software and see if this resolves the issue.

If it does not please email me that file as it seems to be an issue in the drill file itself.

dustin @ pyware . com
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536