Authorizing, Expiring, etc.

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

cubancmcm
Authorizing, Expiring, etc.

Post by cubancmcm » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:52 am

Alright, not sure what to do anymore as both of my software installs are preventing me from doing any work.

Right now I cannot deauthorize anything because pyware cant connect to any of the servers. I can't ... "re subscribe" (whatever that means) either so I cannot use the software outside of demo mode. Why is this even a thing? I purchased software to use and out of many programs I've ever purchased, this is the only software forcing me to reregister over and over again, IF the server even lets me connect. Should I expect constantly having to reregister or resubscribe every time I open the program?

In the last 8 months I've had to reregister dozens of times, can't switch installs to my new laptop, and have had my work come to a halt as of today. Are these issues constant for anyone else?

To clarify, neither of my computers have changed configurations what-so-ever. I built the desktop by hand and haven't added any parts since I purchsed Pyware. My old laptop hasn't changed either. Both operating systems are intact and have not been reinstalled at all. I know for a fact that nothing has changed to legitimately affect the licences of ANY software on my harddrives yet Pyware consistently will not co-operate.

I've tried updating in the software and couldn't. The program cant find a .txt file when trying to connect to the server. Why have anything work through a server if the server is never functioning properly? I ended up updating on the website.(i.e. redownloading the same install) I've tried a fresh install. Nothing is working and I need to continue writing this week as soon as possible. I have drill needed by thursday and I cannot access the file I've been pushing the last week.

I really need to know the following:

1. Should I expect my software to "expire" on a regular basis?
2. Why do I have to reauthorize every time the software is loaded?
2A. If yes to the above, what do I do when I do not have internet access and cannot authorize. Am I just stuck unable to do any work?

The above is really going to determine if I need to take this purchase as a loss and move on to other drill software. I cannot have my career halted because of an arbitrary system like whats been going on the last 4 months.

greatcow95

Re: Authorizing, Expiring, etc.

Post by greatcow95 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:40 pm

Well, the laptop can be taken to any wireless hotspot and activated. That problem is solved rather easily, as Pyware (I think) doesn't check the IP address, but rather it checks for a proper serial, since they are individually assigned.

I have a sneaky suspicion that you'll need to call them tomorrow at 940-240-8536 to really solve this one.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!

mark
Site Admin

Re: Authorizing, Expiring, etc.

Post by mark » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:15 pm

greatcow95 wrote:
I have a sneaky suspicion that you'll need to call them tomorrow at 940-240-8536 to really solve this one.
Greatcow95 hit the nail on the head here. I'm sorry to hear that you have been having trouble for months. If you could provide us any contact information that you could be reached at, we'd be happy to help you get this resolved!
cubancmcm wrote:
Alright, not sure what to do anymore as both of my software installs are preventing me from doing any work.

Right now I cannot deauthorize anything because pyware cant connect to any of the servers. I can't ... "re subscribe" (whatever that means) either so I cannot use the software outside of demo mode. Why is this even a thing? I purchased software to use and out of many programs I've ever purchased, this is the only software forcing me to reregister over and over again, IF the server even lets me connect. Should I expect constantly having to reregister or resubscribe every time I open the program?
Registering over and over again is not the norm for our products. You should have to only complete an activation once (pending any major change to the machine).
cubancmcm wrote:
In the last 8 months I've had to reregister dozens of times, can't switch installs to my new laptop, and have had my work come to a halt as of today. Are these issues constant for anyone else?
Again, this is not normal. Have you contacted us prior to yesterday with this issue? There seems to be an issue with the activation information being saved properly on your machine.
cubancmcm wrote:
To clarify, neither of my computers have changed configurations what-so-ever. I built the desktop by hand and haven't added any parts since I purchsed Pyware. My old laptop hasn't changed either. Both operating systems are intact and have not been reinstalled at all. I know for a fact that nothing has changed to legitimately affect the licences of ANY software on my harddrives yet Pyware consistently will not co-operate.
Based on this, it sounds like the original activation never successfully saved in the first place. If the program asks you to reactivate on each use, it sounds like a permissions issue in the OS. The activation information is stored in a certain location on your computer. If your OS (Windows, for example) tells the program it can't save information to this specific location, when you close out of 3D, that information will not be saved. This is an educated guess, however, and I would strongly recommending contacting us as soon as possible (preferably while you are in front of your computer) so we can get this resolved.
cubancmcm wrote:
I've tried updating in the software and couldn't. The program cant find a .txt file when trying to connect to the server. Why have anything work through a server if the server is never functioning properly?
This can be related to the above.
cubancmcm wrote: I ended up updating on the website.(i.e. redownloading the same install) I've tried a fresh install. Nothing is working and I need to continue writing this week as soon as possible. I have drill needed by thursday and I cannot access the file I've been pushing the last week.
Again, if you could provide us with any contact information we could reach you at, we would be more than happy to help get your program running as expected.
cubancmcm wrote: I really need to know the following:

1. Should I expect my software to "expire" on a regular basis?
2. Why do I have to reauthorize every time the software is loaded?
2A. If yes to the above, what do I do when I do not have internet access and cannot authorize. Am I just stuck unable to do any work?
1. No
2. Most likely because the information isn't being saved on your computer after you close the program. I outlined the most likely scenario above, but it would be best to discuss this when you're in front of your machine so we could troubleshoot together.
2A. N/A
cubancmcm wrote: The above is really going to determine if I need to take this purchase as a loss and move on to other drill software. I cannot have my career halted because of an arbitrary system like whats been going on the last 4 months.
And it shouldn't be! Let us know when you're ready to tackle this. We look forward to hearing you.
Mark Mullins
Marketing Director
http://www.pyware.com
http://www.facebook.com/pygraphics