Display and Perspective View Issues (Mac)

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

jroode
Display and Perspective View Issues (Mac)

Post by jroode » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:57 am

Hello and thank you for reading my post.

Recently I have had some display issues come up with my Pyware program. I hope I can find some resolutions here, and/or with Pyware technical support this coming week.

What is happening

When I open Pyware, several display issues come up. First, the 3D Perspective will not load. A warning will pop up and I have to click "ok" to proceed. Second, the entire Click Track does not display. Where it would be is just the blank grid of the floor covering/field. Now, I'm using a Mac, so when I go to the App Exposé, the click track IS shown. However, that is just the small screen of the app showing which ones are open. (It will display Safari, Word, etc) Third, the entire application is running rather sluggish, the tool icons sometimes won't display right away and I have to either zoom in or out to get them to show up. Once they're there, the work fine though.

What may have caused it

This all began happening the week of 8/24/15. On Monday I tried to create a video of my drill for some students. I've only been using Pyware for 1 year before and have never made a video. So I was experimenting with things, went to the Movie Creator under "Utilities" and that brought up the online tool. From there, I backed out and didn't proceed any farther. Though, in my haste, it is entirely possible that I clicked something I shouldn't have.

What I've done so far

Since then, I have made sure I have the most current versions of Mac OS X and Java. My current versions are OS X 10.10.5 and Java 8 Update 60. My computer is on the older side, so there could be some graphics issues, however, the program functioned fine all of last year and this year. In fact, right up until 8/24/15.

I have also loaded previous drills and 3dj files from last year. Those display the same problems. This led me to conclude it was a program issue and not a corrupt file. Additionally, when I tried to create a new drill, the click track still is not displayed so I could not input sets or counts, etc.

Asking Assistance

If anyone has experienced this problem before and knows how to troubleshoot it, please let me know. I will be contacting Pyware Technical Support on Monday, 8/31/15, but I wanted to post here as well. I think potential causes would include malfunctions of the program, or hardware/software issues on my computer. Are there other software updates that I should look for in addition to the OS X and Java ones that I did? Or, is it a simple as a check-box that I accidentally clicked?

I appreciate all of your feedback and assistance.

Jonathan P. Roode
Asst. Director of Bands
Eastwood Local Schools

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Display and Perspective View Issues (Mac)

Post by Pyware » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:00 pm

Jonathan

What version of 3D do you have installed?

What are the specs of your computer?
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536