V9 Crashing on Mac

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

CavieKai
V9 Crashing on Mac

Post by CavieKai » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:29 pm

I just updated from 3D V7 (Interactive) to 3D V9 (Professional) the other day, but while working with the new program, it keeps crashing every 5 or so minutes. Anyone else having this problem or have any solutions? I feel like I need to Comand-S every second.... Thanks!

Here are my MacBook Pro specs...
OS X EL Capitan 10.11.3
MacBook Pro, 15 inch, Mid 2012
2.3 GHz Intel i7
8 GB 1600 MHz
NIVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

greatcow95

Re: V9 Crashing on Mac

Post by greatcow95 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:32 pm

I have a feeling it's a graphics card issue. :( V9 has really upped the bar for performance on the MacOS. With this in mind, try to uninstall and reinstall it. Let's see first if that solves the issue.

If it doesn't, switch to Classic View in the Application Preferences. If it doesn't crash at this point, then it's a graphics card issue.

If it's still crashing after switching to Classic View, send a copy of the generated crash report to Dustin. If it's one particular file, it may have a weird issue causing Pyware to crash.

In the meantime, if you have a Windows partition on there, you can always run it there. I know that's a crappy alternative and I understand (I would want to run on the MacOS also), but the overhead for Pyware in Windows is insanely lower than on the Mac end.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!

CavieKai

Post by CavieKai » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:44 pm

Thank you so much! I'll give all that a try.

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:09 pm

What is happening when it crashes?

Do you get a message?
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536