Hot Keys, Page Tab "Labels", and Auto Save

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

FatboyFItz
Hot Keys, Page Tab "Labels", and Auto Save

Post by FatboyFItz » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:08 pm

So I have been using the new version 9 for the last 3 days and I have found 3 issues :

Many of the hot keys from previous versions do not work. Specifically F8 for Morph and F9 for push - I use these a lot. Also F3/F4 selection hot keys.

The label (I assume it is a label) for page tabs come up and block my click on a page tab. I assume these might have the set title in them, but since I have no titles they come up as a small blank box almost exactly the size of the tab. Can they be disabled or moved up so they do not cover the tab?

Auto save seems more intrusive in this version. Mostly this is (I think) because it seems to wait until I click on a toolbar button to kick off. I am running Windows 10 which I mention since it may be a difference in how windows is scheduling background tasks. I can leave the app up for some time, and as soon as I come back I click on a toolbar item (like Morph or a selection tool) it will immediately kick off auto save and forget what I clicked on.

And one other thing I found is that export of the Production Sheet as CSV used a tick mark as delimiter instead of the comma. Import of an edited CSV did not work, until I selected custom delimiter and hand entered a comma.

Thanks for any assistance,
Paul

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Hot Keys, Page Tab "Labels", and Auto Save

Post by Pyware » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:29 pm

The version 9 has had a lot of changes made to the menubar which effects the shortcuts. If you had a custom shortcut set you would need to adjust those shortcuts to align with the new menu items. This is done in the Utilities> Shortcut Editor.

The page title tooltips can be disabled in file> Application Options> Ease of Access.

Autosave will launch when a selection tool is selected, this should happen after you finish a tool if the timer has expired. This is why if you leave the program open for a while not using it you will get the autosave when you click on a selection tool to start.

The production sheet import and export is a tab delimiter by default, if you want to use a different delimiter then you would need to do the custom delimiter option.
I will double check on the comma preset.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

FatboyFItz

Re: Hot Keys, Page Tab "Labels", and Auto Save

Post by FatboyFItz » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:14 pm

Thanks for the answer. I guess those must have been keymaps I added long ago and forgot.

Why the change from the old auto-save mechanism which just kicked off without any interaction. I think the old mechanism is better in that it did not disrupt my flow like the current way does. I have been only using the app for 3 hours a night for one week and already I find myself almost willing to turn off auto-save since it disrupts so much more than it used to.

I did another check on production sheet export and tab works as you describe, but comma produces output like this :

Count'Subset'Measures'Title'Note1'Note2'Note3'Note4'Note5
0''''''''
8'x'''Measures 1-2'Float 8'''
24''''Measures 5-6'Float 8'''
40''''Measures 7-10'Float 16'''
48''''''''