Pyware 3D Font

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

cochenob
Pyware 3D Font

Post by cochenob » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:52 am

A little quirk I've just come across...

If I start a drill from scratch...using the Pyware 3D Font for my labels...write some pages...then save it...the next time I start up the program and open that file...the label font is different. Even if I go and switch to the Pyware font under document options...it doesn't seem to register (i.e. instead of the dot...I get an "s"...which is the Pyware 3D key for a "dot"). Furthermore...when I go into Document Options...the fields where you change the labeling font is all goofy looking...like the boxes don't show up right...there's no text...ect.

However...if when I open up 3D for the first time...in the blank startup file I go into Document Options and change to Pyware 3D Font...THEN open my desired file...it seems to work. It's an easy fix...but just seems annoying to have to do each time I start up the program.

I'm running 4.2.12 on a Mac OS X 10.5.7. I just recently switched over from PC to Mac...so it may be "operator error" in not being familiar with some (any?) of the subtleties in using Pyware on the Mac platform.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

---
Brandon

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Pyware 3D Font

Post by Pyware » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:57 am

This issue seems to have been created by the most current Java update issued by apple.

To correct this you will need to install the PYJAVA2.TTF in the /Library/fonts folder and delete it from the /Applications/Pyware 3D/lib/fonts folder. This would correct the issue.