Printing with V5 using Windows Vista

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

williamsb
Printing with V5 using Windows Vista

Post by williamsb » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:53 am

I just purchased 3D v5 Basic and am using Windows Vista on a PC... Finished writing a drill and when I print, the symbols for marchers show up on the screen, but do not print on the page... Labels for marchers print, as well as the "stem" that points toward the marcher symbol, but no symbols. I attempted magnifying the marcher symbols, but no success there either. I am using an HP laser printer 1200 series.

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Printing with V5 using Windows Vista

Post by Pyware » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:47 am

We have had this issue reported. The solution would be to remove the 3D fonts from the computer and reinstalling them.

The font names are PYJAVA2.TTF and pyview.ttf.

The fonts can be found in the 2 following locations
C:\Program Data\Pyware 3D v5\lib\fonts
Start\ Control Panel\ Fonts

Please remove them from those 2 locations and then restart your machine and reinstall the fonts and that should correct the printing issue.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

williamsb

Re: Printing with V5 using Windows Vista

Post by williamsb » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:26 am

I tried re-installing the fonts, only to have the same issue... However, I did find a way around the printing problem... I went to "File/Document Options/Preferences/Symbols" and changed the default font to Times New Roman, 12 point bold and the drill printed correctly... For anyone else that is having the issue, I thought this might be helpful.