Problem with 3D Font

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

BroughAJ
Problem with 3D Font

Post by BroughAJ » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:08 pm

Last year I used the 3D font to use the 3D symbols. This year when I chose this, it creates the symbol secondary to the dot so it is not directly over the specified dot placement. I may be doing something different from last year, but it seems to have changed and every dot now has a mirror that is about 1.5 steps off of the specified area. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Problem with 3D Font

Post by Pyware » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:23 pm

The update that is causing this issue is the Java update 4 for 10.4.11.

The solution is listed below.

Remove the PYJAVA.TTF, pyview.ttf, PYJAVA2.ttf font files from the following locations.

/Applications/Pyware 3D/lib/fonts
/Applications/Pyware 3D/fonts

Add the PYJAVA.TTF, pyview.ttf, PYJAVA2.ttf font files from the following location.

/Library/fonts

Note: Pyjava.ttf is a 3rd party font and may not be installed on all systems.

D.Peters

Post by D.Peters » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:57 pm

BroughAJ wrote:it seems to have changed and every dot now has a mirror that is about 1.5 steps off of the specified area.
I also had this problem with Mac OS X 10.5.7, the Java update, and Pyware 4.2.12. I removed the font files, as pygraph described, after installing the fonts on my system from the Pyware 3D sub-folders. I then copied the files from the <Users/NAME/Library/fonts> folder into the Pyware 3D subfolders. I only did this with PYJAVA2.ttf and pyview.ttf since the PYJAVA.TTF file was not originally installed. The display problem within the program was then resolved.

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:23 am

Pyjava.ttf is a 3rd party font and may not be installed on all systems.

TAC

Post by TAC » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:39 am

I tried the above solution and it worked last week. I shut down my system over the weekend, and now the font problem is back.

As a side issue, it is difficult to select the Pyware 3D font in the document preferences box because half of the box does not show up. There is a box on the screen, however, it is mostly blank until I float my mouse over it and then some input boxes appear but no descriptive text to tell me what they are for. I had to look in the 3D users guide to figure out which box was for which font!

I am using a 24" iMac and enjoy the large screen size. I also recently upgraded to 4.2.12 and figured that was the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:39 am

Please walk through this solution again. There seems to be a font still located in one of the Pyware folders.

TAC

Post by TAC » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:42 am

Thank you! I got rid of all the fonts in the Pyware folders and it worked.
The fonts on the field grid are correct as well as the dialog boxes.

xylaexley

Post by xylaexley » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Thanks for this one.