FOLLOW THE LEADER, HELP!!

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

cpawelski
FOLLOW THE LEADER, HELP!!

Post by cpawelski » Sun May 21, 2006 12:21 pm

I understand the basics of the follow the leader maneuver. HOWEVER, my question might have more to do with simply manipulating the paths i want to see moving on the computer. I want to have one form move to another form, using a follow the leader the path and i never can seem to make it work. Say I have kids set up in a circle and I want them to spiral the circle out into a straight line by following the leader. On Pyware, I can't seem to get the form to end up in the straight line that I want. Is my question clear? Can anyone help me?
Carrie Pawelski
South Milwaukee High School

greatcow95

Post by greatcow95 » Sun May 21, 2006 1:37 pm

It might be easier to use the morph tool, even though what you're really doing is a follow the leader drill. I don't know; just throwing out an idea.

Chas Myers

Post by Chas Myers » Mon May 22, 2006 8:07 am

When you have the follow the leader tool open, try changing the curve path botton to straight path. Hope it helps.
ohio drillman

combia1

Re: FOLLOW THE LEADER, HELP!!

Post by combia1 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:45 pm

Sometimes its just not worth it to get it to animate correctly. But sometimes you can combine FTL with other tools.

For example, do a FTL and then go back and use the push tool and slide the form over. The animation will combine the two.

Or use a follow the leader, and then for the last few counts of the move, use the morph tool to get them to do exactly what you want on screen.