Pyware Forum User "Tags" - OS/Pyware ver.

We want to here your suggestions on what should be added to make the program better for you.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

George
Pyware Forum User "Tags" - OS/Pyware ver.

Post by George » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to pitch the idea - if it's even possible - to maybe set a feature on the forums here that would allow all of those subscribed to customize a permanent "tag" or "signature" that includes our pyware version, os and whatever other info we wish to provide. (computer brand, processor, etc.)

It would be similar to what they have on, say, the apple.com discussion forums, where you can put what OS you currently use, computer/laptop kind, etc. In our case, there could also be a drop-down menu to select the version of Pyware we're using as well.

It seems to me that 7 out of 10 posts on these forums that are asking questions relating to problems/issues, are followed up with the initial responses "what OS are you using?" or "what version of Pyware are you using?".

Maybe some people don't realize that it's important information to tell the techs when they post questions regarding issues, but as the community grows and more people come here to ask question, I believe it will only make things work a little more smoothly down the road if that information is required when signing up. :)

I know several of us provide that info every time we post. But for those who aren't as frequent, so long as it's in their info (on the side under their name/info perhaps) it'll make it easier for the tech to identify the problem and begin the proper troubleshooting.

I don't know if this was ever discussed or if anyone threw this idea out there. I know it's as easy as simply adding it to your personal signature (if we choose to use one - as I just updated mine) but I think it could/should be separate from our sig and be mandatory and required so that the techs will know.
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com