A few suggestions more...

We want to here your suggestions on what should be added to make the program better for you.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Tsar Nikk
A few suggestions more...

Post by Tsar Nikk » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:20 am

The ability to use different fonts within one document would be freaking fantastic. As it is right now, unless I am deceived, I cannot use the PyJava font (from which I use the dot and the Flag symbols) as well as the Pyware Dot Font key (which bears a suspicious resemblance to the old Drillquest font :P ) from which I use the square diagonal box thing and the cylon raider ship-looking symbol.

It would be fantastic if right-clicking on an empty part of the field brought up the box or lasso selection tool. Sometimes I need to adjust a few individuals and it is a hassle to go back up to the toolbar over and over again. Even better would be a right-click context menu that allowed you to select either the box tool, the lasso tool, or the adjuster editing tool. With Macs now configured to allow two-button mice, this would be very convenient for everyone.

For the love of all that is holy, a WYSIWYG text box is long overdue. Knowing you, Dusten, there has to be a good reason for this to still be the way it is...I won't pretend to understand the intricacies of Java programming, and the fact that we still don't have one must mean that it's a b1tch to code...still, it sure would be nice.
++
np

George

Post by George » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:23 pm

I hear ya on the text box thing... but I have had those same issues with my web design. A lot of it has to do with you computer's resolution and what you have it set to in the documents on Pyware. my screen res is 1920x1200, so pretty darn high, which makes everything tiny. For my sake of being able to see the symbols, I usually make the letter symbols for the performers at 16pt bold! This makes them look "normal" to me. I sent a drill file to a client and I wanna say he's got 1024x768 res and he sent me a screenshot of what he saw and it was just ridiculous looking.

So, I think the WYSIWYG with the text boxes is something that is problematic throughout a lot of things. I totally agree that it's something that can get annoying when printing out the drill and noticing the text is going WAY off the box space (or now with the updates, squished)... but I just draw huge boxes and overcompensate. :D

A while ago, I had found a shortcut to select individuals... not sure if it's in the manual (I didn't look it up :oops: ) but you can just Ctrl+click (whatever on Apple+click) the individuals you wanna select. I do this all the time when I have a line going to the point and everyone except for the point gets selected and I also want that point person, I just Ctrl+click that individual and it saves that little hassle of grabbing the lasso tool or box tool. (you can do the same to deselct anyone if you need)
Last edited by George on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

Tsar Nikk

Post by Tsar Nikk » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:25 pm

George wrote:I hear ya on the text box thing... but I have had those same issues with my web design. A lot of it has to do with you computer's resolution and what you have it set to in the documents on Pyware. my screen res is 1920x1200, so pretty darn high, which makes everything tiny. For my sake of being able to see the symbols, I usually make the letter symbols for the performers at 16pt bold! This makes them look "normal" to me. I sent a drill file to a client and I wanna say he's got 1024x768 res and he sent me a screenshot of what he saw and it was just ridiculous looking.

So, I think the WYSIWYG with the text boxes is something that is problematic throughout a lot of things. I totally agree that it's something that can get annoying when printing out the drill and noticing the text is going WAY off the box space (or now with the updates, squished)... but I just draw huge boxes and overcompensate. :D

I just found a shortcut to select individuals... not sure if it's in the manual (I didn't look it up :oops: ) but you can just Ctrl+click (whatever on Apple+click) the individuals you wanna select. I do this all the time when I have a line going to the point and everyone except for the point gets selected and I also want that point person, I just Ctrl+click that individual and it saves that little hassle of grabbing the lasso tool or box tool. (you can do the same to deselct anyone if you need)
Hmm...doesn't work for me. When I control-click, I get the entire line that the individual is a part of.
++
np

George

Post by George » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:27 pm

eh... I wonder what the heck I'm doing then. :?
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:29 pm

In the version 4.1.3 if you select the pointer tool and then hold the Ctrl key down you will be able to select just 1 performer. This was added just recently.

Tsar Nikk

Post by Tsar Nikk » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:35 pm

pygraph wrote:In the version 4.1.3 if you select the pointer tool and then hold the Ctrl key down you will be able to select just 1 performer. This was added just recently.
That would explain it...I've rolled back to 4.0.6 because of the printing problems I was having with 4.2.
++
np