A few extra random suggestions...

We want to here your suggestions on what should be added to make the program better for you.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Tsar Nikk
A few extra random suggestions...

Post by Tsar Nikk » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:56 am

A. It would be fantastic if by right-clicking on a page tab in the count track, we could pull up the Page Tab editor. That way, as soon as I was finished with a drill set, I could list the measure numbers and counts corresponding to that page. I have a tendency to forget to do that. :P

B. It would also be nice if we could get rid of the ".3dj" extension in the field title at the upper left hand corner of the drill chart. I would prefer to have this area left open for the following fields:

-Organization (e.g., J.P. Taravella High School, Phantom Regiment, Texas A&M University, etc).

-Selection (e.g., Opener, or "Channel One Suite," etc)

C. Ctrl-Clicking on the count track could bring up the Count Editor.

D. The option to get rid of the set and count numbers on the upper right hand side. Most of the time, this information is redundant to what I have already inserted on the left hand side. I am sure it is useful to a lot of people, but the option to blank this area out would be much appreciated.

If any of these things are possible right now, I would gladly accept feedback...
++
np

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:36 pm

I will add A, C, and D to our update list.

Currently if you give the drill you are working on a Title in the Document options then this title will replace the ".3dj" file name on the printout.

George

Re: A few extra random suggestions...

Post by George » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:34 pm

Tsar Nikk wrote:
B. It would also be nice if we could get rid of the ".3dj" extension in the field title at the upper left hand corner of the drill chart. I would prefer to have this area left open for the following fields:

-Organization (e.g., J.P. Taravella High School, Phantom Regiment, Texas A&M University, etc).

-Selection (e.g., Opener, or "Channel One Suite," etc)
Hey Nikk,

what I do for my drills is a combo of what Dustin mentioned in his reply and something else.

For example, if it was a something like show title: Clocks and mvt. 1 title: wind-up, done by South West high school, here's what I do.

I go to "Document Options" and in the "Properties" section (the first one that opens) that box for the "author info/copyright" I'll type something like this:

South West High School 2007

"Clocks"

Drill by George Hester

Then I click on the tab for "Preferences" and in the top space "Drill Title" I type something simple like:

SWHS 2007 - Wind-Up

or

Movement 1 - Wind-Up

This way, when the drill prints out, as Dustin mentioned, what you write in that "Drill Title" line is what is shown, but also it's what will appear as the title for the student coordinate cards.

Here's an example I put together to go along with what I just wrote out:

*** URL no longer available... sorry for any inconvenience (GH) ***
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com