Stride "Change" Warning Tool

We want to here your suggestions on what should be added to make the program better for you.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

gswmark
Stride "Change" Warning Tool

Post by gswmark » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:26 am

I find one of the most difficult things to teach is the subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) changes in stride over multiple sets. In particular when a musical phrase spans those same sets, it would be nice to have a tool that says something like "this transition changes stride by x percent for the selected performers".

From set to set Pyware has the stride warning on the console, which is good but it would be nice to have another tool that warns you about "drastic" stride changes for selected performers in consecutive motions. As we pull the anchors around in the design phase it's easy to ignore the demands we're putting on the performers to understand the changes in stride. Then, when teaching the drill, we find this out the hard way, with re-setting/re-writing.

Sometimes changes in stride over multiple sets is desired (as in going from marking time to actual motion) which is why I think this should be a diagnostic tool and not part of the Console.

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:02 am

I will put this on the update suggestions list. Thank you for your input.

gswmark

thanks again for listening

Post by gswmark » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:13 pm

:D